SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Looking for anyone's giant collection of music.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while back I scrapped my entire music collection in favor of pandora and other streaming services. Well, as of late I've been wanting to rebuild it but it's a daunting task starting from scratch. I was hoping that someone out there would be interested in creating a torrent of their own massive music collection. Not looking for anything specific, just big and well organized! The collections I've found thus far have been all kinds of messed up. Is this something anyone could help me out with? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
(Jul 27, 2014, 15:55 pm)spookyu Wrote: [ -> ]A while back I scrapped my entire music collection in favor of pandora and other streaming services. Well, as of late I've been wanting to rebuild it but it's a daunting task starting from scratch. I was hoping that someone out there would be interested in creating a torrent of their own massive music collection. Not looking for anything specific, just big and well organized! The collections I've found thus far have been all kinds of messed up. Is this something anyone could help me out with? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I don't think it's doable. I had to split pack in two parts, because of the high number of files, and it was only about 23 GB. Also, no matter how big piece size would be used, the resulting .torrent file size would also be a problem.
(Jul 27, 2014, 16:19 pm)eika256 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 27, 2014, 15:55 pm)spookyu Wrote: [ -> ]A while back I scrapped my entire music collection in favor of pandora and other streaming services. Well, as of late I've been wanting to rebuild it but it's a daunting task starting from scratch. I was hoping that someone out there would be interested in creating a torrent of their own massive music collection. Not looking for anything specific, just big and well organized! The collections I've found thus far have been all kinds of messed up. Is this something anyone could help me out with? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I don't think it's doable. I had to split pack in two parts, because of the high number of files, and it was only about 23 GB. Also, no matter how big piece size would be used, the resulting .torrent file size would also be a problem.

Damn....well I appreciate it! I didn't realize there where those limitations?
Those limitations are on the torrents files the upload process at TPB accepts--you might be able to upload such torrents on another site.

BUT

Such a torrent would be a very bad idea--people cherry pick from such effectively random assortments--so the torrents are rarely if ever supported by secondary seeders (who not only have to download them in their entirety but also never change so much as a filename after downloading), which means the original uploader has to do all of the uploading, forever, otherwise they die. That is the reason you've not been able to find any such torrents--they're simply not viable in the BitTorrent ecosystem.

The concept of sharing entire collections dates from the days of Napster and other "shared folder" type filesharing apps--it worked in that ecosystem. It doesn't work in the world of BitTorrent.

You could look into http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulseek It isn't BitTorrent but it supports that sort of thing.
(Jul 27, 2014, 18:10 pm)NIK Wrote: [ -> ]Those limitations are on the torrents files the upload process at TPB accepts--you might be able to upload such torrents on another site.

BUT

Such a torrent would be a very bad idea--people cherry pick from such effectively random assortments--so the torrents are rarely if ever supported by secondary seeders (who not only have to download them in their entirety but also never change so much as a filename after downloading), which means the original uploader has to do all of the uploading, forever, otherwise they die. That is the reason you've not been able to find any such torrents--they're simply not viable in the BitTorrent ecosystem.

The concept of sharing entire collections dates from the days of Napster and other "shared folder" type filesharing apps--it worked in that ecosystem. It doesn't work in the world of BitTorrent.

You could look into http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulseek It isn't BitTorrent but it supports that sort of thing.

I'm tracking. Thanks for the info, that was extremely helpful. I'm gonna check that soulseek but I'm sure I'll just being doing this the "ole' fashioned way".