SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: It seems like every generation BEFORE the boomers had class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It just seems like eveyone these days is a bunch of narcistic assholes.  I watch a lot of really old shows and movies with my favorite era being the 1930s.

But I also look at old home movie footage on Archive and I collect old diaries.

People definatly were better people back then!
Things were different back then. There were certainly assholes in other regards, but for the most part, people knew life wasn't gonna be easy if they did nothing.

30s were the great depression, which was a really hard time for people. People values /appreciated what they worked hard to get... Now it's a throwaway society. Also, people in their respective cities would actually sweep the streets and take pride where they lived... Now, everything is a personal toilet, and assumed as “someone else's problem to deal with”.

As far as old TV, I remember an original Star Trek episode where Kirk told a Klingon to “go to the devil” because “hell” was taboo for TV. There was a more classy, wholesome thought process in place for decency back then that have vanished now. But, all things in time... Brady Bunch got played out as most people thought that was not a true way of life, as much as they may have thought it looked good.

Now? fuggitaboutit. Everyone is crying for their “rights” and to be represented, so TV cow tows to their feelings instead of good stories, and you get a crap ton of pandering shows that are a creative black hole... Most of the new stuff is just remakes of old, bastardized with wokeness.. They think it'll make them $$ but its just killing everything.

I'm sure back then they had issues too... but I wasn't around to experience them... I can say that what I AM here to see is the epitome of just fucking stupid. Were those old shows actually good creatively, or do they bring you back to a time or thought that is just way better than this... I never appreciated old shows until this new shit got as bad as it did... Maybe those old shows were a look into a perfect aspiration to be, but not reality?
(Apr 19, 2024, 01:01 am)LZA Wrote: [ -> ] Maybe those old shows were a look into a perfect aspiration to be, but not reality?

I collect other people's old diaries :
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...n&_sacat=0

You get a serious look in to how people used to live and the kind of things they had to deal with.   Government wasn't omni-present in their lives and most people just wanted to have friends and make babies.  There was also a serious sense of being a respectful neighbor to everyone who lived around you.   (Respectful nieghbor as opposed to a "good" neighbor)

BTW, the Little Rascals / Our Gang by Hal Roach is a documentary on how children lived and played. Obviously the situation were a over-the-top. However, jumping in mud puddles, the He Man Woman Hater club and baking a cake with prizes in it were things that kids did back then.

Oh I just saw this diary and it looks good ! :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196343919803?it...R8Tim-HeYw
(Apr 19, 2024, 07:22 am)Ladyanne3 Wrote: [ -> ]  There was also a serious sense of being a respectful neighbor to everyone who lived around you.   (Respectful nieghbor as opposed to a "good" neighbor)

It was more community minded back then. Now, good FENCES make good neighbors, and everyone just wants to be left alone... for good reasons sometimes, as people will tend to use and take what they can, but not be there in return (but family can be like that too).

And I would never exchange my childhood of "go outside and play" when you have to do something and have nothing, you use your creativity more and invent things to do. kids with phones and iPads dont know what they are missing
It's the rat box experience, I guess. You put lotta people in densely occupied spaces, give them fewer resources to fend for, dull grey cardboard walls, and then watch what happens.

Now if you look at peoples lives, in some places there's colors, beauty, diversity of activities, cultural traits, to accommodate and enrich the living. It varies in degree and variety, to the point people become awful beasts. Most common scenario is stratified society with the occasional con man, scammer, mugger, porch potato, workaholic, dreamer, so on. We are deviants in a society that has no clear paths nor proper definitions. Add the natural individual trend to rationalise the ethics and decide to go rogue - why not, if I can? - then it happens.

But you take the liberty away and institute behaviour standards to a certain degree, people don't live well too. Compare different countries, it happens everywhere. Recently read about Reaction vs Response, so it's like an old adage: You mind your stuff and care for your attitude, and don't let external stuff control you.
(Apr 19, 2024, 16:21 pm)LZA Wrote: [ -> ]Now, good FENCES make good neighbors, and everyone just wants to be left alone...

I totally understand this.
My entire life was fucked up because someone had to stick their nose in my parent's relationship. I was taken away and put in foster care where I was abused. My parents are still together after all these years and they're happy
(Apr 20, 2024, 10:43 am)Ladyanne3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 19, 2024, 16:21 pm)LZA Wrote: [ -> ]Now, good FENCES make good neighbors, and everyone just wants to be left alone...

I totally understand this.
My entire life was fucked up because someone had to stick their nose in my parent's relationship. I was taken away and put in foster care where I was abused. My parents are still together after all these years and they're happy

Back then, people can yell at kids or even spank them when their parents werent around. Even school teachers. I guess the thinking was that it takes a village. NOW? everyone thinks the know better (even better than the parents) and do what they think is best. Not for the best interest of the child, but to be able to put it on a resume and say "I did that, I'm a good person, I made a difference" everything is ass backwards nowadays
(Apr 21, 2024, 01:14 am)LZA Wrote: [ -> ]Back then, people can yell at kids or even spank them when their parents werent around. Even school teachers. I guess the thinking was that it takes a village. NOW? everyone thinks the know better (even better than the parents) and do what they think is best. Not for the best interest of the child, but to be able to put it on a resume and say "I did that, I'm a good person, I made a difference" everything is ass backwards nowadays

Do you want to know how messed up things are?

Because I've been in foster care for pretty much all my childhood. CPS in Mass has a dossier and a removal order on me "just in case" I get pregnant. They could take away my baby until they determine how fit I would be as a mother.

It's a major reason why I left the state. I'm finally in a good relationship and I'm getting married soon. So, I'm looking forward to the day that I become a mom. In fact, I want to have LOTS of babies!