SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Converting movies to DVD files using ConvertXtoDVD: Temperature too high?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I encode videos to DVD format, the temperature shows as 55 degrees Celsius maximum.

Is that too high? ChatGPT seems to think so?
What temperature, CPU?
Yes, CPU.
Ah don't worry about it being 50C as longas it's under 70 your fine I believe,at least that's the way I think about it
All right, rezwaki, thanks for confirming.
No problem! I got that PC back at home and the last time that I'd checked the CPU temp was about 30-40 while idling and I think it'd go up to 50-60 C and I never had a problem and that motherboard is from 2011-2 so it's been working for a looong time,,,,also take into account that it's cooling is far from being perfect

Altho' I suppose it's worth double checking for your specific CPU vendor/model what temp is considered critical just in case, you should be able to find that information on the web easily
I always check my temperature.

I use Core Temp. It puts a ticker in the taskbar that outlines the temperature for each processor core.

EDIT: I mean, I have checked the maximum operating temperature for my CPU, which is an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, and the maximum operating temperature is 95 degrees Celsius.
I've always used SpeedFan for that ,,since the max temp is 95 C your just more than fine having your CPU work at 55 C it's perfectly normal