SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Are all of your uploads snatched?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was suprised to see that all of mine were. Even an obscure ebook got snatched very fast two times.
I am wondering if they are auto snatchers or if someone really looked for that specific file that fast.
What is "snatched?"
(Sep 01, 2023, 22:21 pm)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]What is "snatched?"

downloaded
(Sep 01, 2023, 19:11 pm)sharingiscaring2023 Wrote: [ -> ]I was suprised to see that all of mine were. Even an obscure ebook got snatched very fast two times.
I am wondering if they are auto snatchers or if someone really looked for that specific file that fast.

maybe both, download bots and someone was just browsing through the new uploads at the moment and grabbed yours
The term Snatched means that it was downloaded but nothing was given back to the community...
(Sep 02, 2023, 12:04 pm)rezwaki Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 01, 2023, 19:11 pm)sharingiscaring2023 Wrote: [ -> ]I was suprised to see that all of mine were. Even an obscure ebook got snatched very fast two times.

maybe both, download bots and someone was just browsing through the new uploads at the moment and grabbed yours

that's what I thought, thanks for the answer Smile
Coming back to this. Can any other uploader give me their perspective?
I just uploaded a rare and independent movie and there are already 5 peers. I struggle to believe this to be "real" downloads, I mean people that want to watch the movie. At the same time I'd really like it to be the case.

I hope someone else will answer me, it's not a very privacy concerning question..., how many peers did you get on the upload day for a very obscure upload?
Some of the obscure movies I'd posted got peers really fast as I mentionedI think those are the DL bots, maybe someone downloads things totheir server? Then in a while there is just 1 or 2 seeders left one of which used to be myself but now I'm outta home temporarily so I can't leave the server machine on to seed 24/7
(Sep 19, 2023, 23:03 pm)rezwaki Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the obscure movies I'd posted got peers really fast as I mentionedI think those are the DL bots, maybe someone downloads things totheir server? Then in a while there is just 1 or 2 seeders left one of which used to be myself but now I'm outta home temporarily so I can't leave the server machine on to seed 24/7

I got 7, how many do you get? if that's the case I am less happy. I'd love it to be "legitimate" downloads.
Then of course from what I've heard TPB might have inaccurate stats of peers/seeds so take this into account as well

(Sep 19, 2023, 23:05 pm)sharingiscaring2023 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 19, 2023, 23:03 pm)rezwaki Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the obscure movies I'd posted got peers really fast as I mentionedI think those are the DL bots, maybe someone downloads things totheir server? Then in a while there is just 1 or 2 seeders left one of which used to be myself but now I'm outta home temporarily so I can't leave the server machine on to seed 24/7

I got 7, how many do you get? if that's the case I am less happy. I'd love it to be "legitimate" downloads.
Well I believe the bitter truth is that the movies that are obscure are not exactly interesting for the most people - thus you won't get a lod of downloads but I prefer to keep a seeding for a long time on my uploads (none have been stopped so far I just paused since I'm not home) so that if someone actually looks for it in a few months can download it successfully, I don't exactly remember but I think I saw 5-10-20 on some of the uploads in about an hour after I [posted them

Sadly a lot of people stop seeding as soon as they DL or soon enough and in about a week you can get zero seeders if you aint seeding,,,I don't do that when I DL something I DL it to my server machine where my torrents are stored so I can seed them even when I turn off my PC and I only stop seeding when I delete the file which happens in a month or two on the average
Pages: 1 2 3