SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: IDEs: Integral, or just convenient?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you guys use PHP, Java, or C/C++, do you normally use an IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse or do you just rely on the barebones notepad program/compiler/interpreter alone?
(Feb 11, 2023, 01:51 am)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]When you guys use PHP, Java, or C/C++, do you normally use an IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse or do you just rely on the barebones notepad program/compiler/interpreter alone?

PHP -> Dreamweaver + Notepad++ + Bing AI
Hmm...

Is it just me or am I a hypocrite if I say using Dreamweaver is bad practice when coding web pages, especially PHP ones?
(Mar 10, 2023, 12:34 pm)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or am I a hypocrite if I say using Dreamweaver is bad practice when coding web pages, especially PHP ones?

I don't know of hypocrite is the right word.

But Dreamweaver doesn't support any modern version of PHP, so I wouldn't go near it for that reason alone.

For PHP, I don't use an IDE. I use Sublime Text and deploy to a local VM. I guess you can call that a non-integrated development environment.

I supposed if it were my full time job, I'd probably use one of the JetBrains packages. They are highly rated.
PHP on Notepad++
C/C++ on Visual Studio 2003, 2012, depending on needs, but might even use mingw/clang
It really depends on the individual and their preferences. Some developers prefer to use an IDE such as Netbeans or Eclipse, while others prefer to use a text editor like Notepad or Vim and a command line compiler/interpreter.
Used command line most of my life, but sometimes also IDEs - although I quit programming decades ago.
My personal opinion: Like 6000-function, icon-infested word processors, IDEs have useful tools but overdo it; they make you waste time learning and then using them, instead of just tackling the job at hand.
(Feb 11, 2023, 01:51 am)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]When you guys use PHP, Java, or C/C++, do you normally use an IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse or do you just rely on the barebones notepad program/compiler/interpreter alone?

Personally, when I work with languages like PHP, Java, or C/C++, I tend to use an IDE like Netbeans or Eclipse. I find that the features offered by these tools, such as code completion, debugging, and version control integration, are incredibly useful and help me be more productive. That being said, I know some developers prefer to use a simple text editor or a lightweight IDE, depending on their needs and preferences. Ultimately, it comes down to what works best for each individual developer and project Shy
Personally speaking, I like PHP, especially for bigger web-app projects. I've been learning Laravel recently (a popular PHP framework with lots of cool features), and it goes great with my workflow. Using VSCodium as my IDE, though I used to just use Neovim.
I use a Text editor (gedit) with Makefile for any language. It's good to see things working in the barebones.
Pages: 1 2