SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: So...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to SuprBay since the last week or so?

Wasn't able to access it.

While we're on the subject, what's happening to the chat?

Can't go there as well.
(Feb 06, 2023, 12:14 pm)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to SuprBay since the last week or so?

Can't go there as well.
There's a chat ?
(Feb 06, 2023, 15:06 pm)Ladyanne3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 06, 2023, 12:14 pm)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to SuprBay since the last week or so?

Can't go there as well.
There's a chat ?

Evidently so, but that surprised me too.  I don't think I've been in on a chat for about 20 years.
This thread was posted several days ago and it indexed on Google.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thepiratebay/co...rbay_down/

I have no idea what happened but maybe better not to ask about it?

At least it's back now, that's all that matters really, for what reason it was down maybe it's not really for people to know.  The fact that it is here is very worthy to most people.  Without the forum things were starting to look a little bit on the Grim side.
All right man, sorry for asking.

You're right, RodneyYouPlonker, at least it's back.

(Feb 06, 2023, 15:06 pm)Ladyanne3 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a chat ?

There was, or is, but currently inaccessible.

The chat is on an EFNet IRC server and the channel name is #thepiratebay.org

If you want to try your hand in accessing it, don't forget the dot.

And don't confuse the pound (#) symbol for a Twitter "hash tag."

By design, IRC chat rooms have a pound symbol preceding the name of the chatroom.
(Feb 07, 2023, 05:27 am)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]All right man, sorry for asking.

No need to be sorry for asking, but also no need for surprise if the actual reason cannot be named for security purposes.  A few years ago another file sharing forum I belong to was taken down by hostile action.  As a result, the mods were scrambling for over two weeks to find a new host for our board.  Fortunately, the mods had set up a social media account as a back channel years earlier so they were able to advise members what had happened and what they were doing, which was a big help.  However, the particular details of both the takedown and the new host were not revealed.  People in general were pretty understanding about it.
True that homie, after all it is a pirate site where anything goes, so I guess shouldn't show surprise when the lame copyright trolls try to get this site off the face of the web, in a losing battle. Big Grin