SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: c&c tiberium wars - long file names issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

One month ago I downloaded C&C Tiberium Wars (Kane edition) from one of the file hostings.

Unfortunately after I had downloaded the game I noticed that long file names are replaced with dos standard names (8+3). The long names were shortened to max 8 chars and in some cases ended with tilde (for instance ~1). It occured only in game main directory, not in subdirectories.

Now I have problem with starting game it keeps giving me error.

Does anyone possess the game, correct file names and could send me a list of these files?

List of incorrect names (dirs are in square brackets):

1031.mst , 1033.mst , 1036.mst , [Autorun] , autorun.exe , Autorun.inf , cnc3gdi.ico , cnc3kane.msi , Core.cab , [DirectX] , Englis~1.cab , [FairLight] , Kane.cab , Langen~1.cab , Langfr~1.cab , Langge~1.cab , Langua~1.cab , Langua~2.cab , Langua~3.cab , Launcher.cab , MP.cab , [program files] , Retail~1.cab , setup.exe , SP.cab , [Support] , _Retai~1.cabĀ 

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.
https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=6488258

Contains a .7z file with all the game files, ready to play under wine or winxp or whatever system you are running. None of the files have longer filenames than 8 characters.. It is well seeded as well. Took me 20 minutes to download and verify
Thanks for help but link you have put in the post heads to c&c tiberian sun game site, not c&c tiberium wars (Kane edition) which i have problem with. And there's written: 'Filelist not found'.

Also I have searched through the uploads/torrents list of 'FuCtUpPuNk' user. There is no c&c tiberium wars torrent.

Another problem is actually I have download transfer limit, that's why I have asked especially for file names, not game binaries itself. For now the only possibility for me is to deal with files I've already downloaded.