SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: DVD Problem 0 byts on PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help to know why this happens never seen it before
A friend bought a DVD made by a collector of old movies that he sells for 35 dollars
The DVD will play in a DVD player on a TV no problem Idea
I have a projector that was going to be used to put on a wall
I inserted the DVD in my PC nothing 0 bytes empty disc
Tried DVD clone and many others conclusion due to the 0 bytes stuck Huh
Thought OK may be MAC installed TRNSMAC came back no MAC disk
YET as said will play on a DVD PLAYER
Any hints as how to get the data on there
Also tried on laptop same issue and friend rang to say the shop had other DVDs from same guy about 6 of them Big Grin
There is copyright protection on.
sounds like it’s a region code issue. see if the dvd drives on your computer have had the region set yet.

also, next time, save yourself some cash and request a movie if you can’t find it on tpb... no region code issues... 35 dollars cheaper too.
Instead of a PC, can't you connect your friend's DVD player or buy yourself a cheap one to plug onto that projector? Used ones go for like US $10.
Thank you for replies
1 ok copyright issue OK? more investigation
2 Region issue maybe but DVD usually have region in them as DVD was made in AUSTRALIA for use here
3 Yes DVD player to projector but was a time factor to do that as friend was heading out of town I was lending it for the weekend lucky I gave it the test on PC have other DVD worked perfect just this sucker
Thanks all was just curious as to the why as said must have files on the disc yet invisible
As I've never bought a DVD (except in auction lots) I cannot speak from experience: But isnt there alot of ripping software out there? Like Region-Free DVD and some others specifically designed for this kind of thing.
Once you change your PC's DVD to the correct region (many online tutorials, perhaps ask the seller what region it is) download Ripit4me, DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink, though these are old programs if you follow this tutorial thoroughly they work, they can all be found on videohelp.com/ ... all these programs will run Green,  when installing browse to the video folder in the user account, make a sub folder for them and make another sub folder for each individually in that first sub folder, makes it easier to locate them, open Ripitit4me, it will ask to locate DVD Decrypter, point it towards DVD Decytpers executable then on Ripit4me's interface choose "iso mode" and "wizard mode" these are the most important settings that have these old programs still work, it will walk you through making a .psl file, sometimes that fails, just start again, then it will ask if you want decrypter to rip it, go ahead and rip it, the .psl file will be imported and the ripping will take some time, when it's finished you may have to click through several "failed to set data for" errors, these do affect the .vob within the iso and are just an annoyance, open DVD Shrink, choose "File" then "Open iso image" then browse to the folder on the C: drive containing the ripped iso of the movie or series then choose the .mds file, not the iso, Shrink will read the iso, display the video as it works it's way though it and present you with a 2 pain window, go to "edit" and choose "preferences" click the "output files tab" and uncheck "Split Vobs into 1gb chunks" click ok,  choose the "re author" button if an episodic series drag each episode one at a time to the right pain, go into the compression settings, remove unwanted audio and CC entries then choose the "Backup Button" when backed up rename the vob file created, delete the entry in the left pain by right click and choose delete, this only deletes the entry, nothing else, then drag the next episode there, continue this till all episodes are created, if a movie, drag the main movie entry and have shrink copy that, handbrake to create an .mp4 and you have your video(s) this has not failed me once, and I've been using it over 20yrs