SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Searching a movie by IMDB id
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Other sites let you enter a search query like "tt0068646" and it should show me results for The Godfather (1971) . I tried this already on TPB but it doesn't always return all the results compared to searching by title. Could you make this a mandatory thing for uploaders or find a way to return all the results?
(Aug 31, 2020, 10:11 am)mUPPetsBrain Wrote: [ -> ]IMDb-Scout-Mod:
Add links from IMDb pages to torrent trackers and other movie sites -- easy downloading from IMDb.
you must open a movie page on IMDb first

You did check it before posting this, right?

It is not what you suggested but works likewise. One can find torrents from the IMDB page, so no need to add that into torrent sites. Although it would be cool to have it without resorting to scripts and browser extensions, one serious problem would be to check each new torrent for possible mistakes on the uploaders - and then notify the uploader to fix (how?), then check if they did...?

Disclaimer: I am not a TPB/SB member to offer official answers, just a creepy yet helpful friendly neighbor.
I've actually tried that script, same with IMDB Link 'em All they both are just searching by the name. When you search on rargb on both of them they actually search by the Imdb ID of the movie. If the uploader won't fix them then maybe you can have the mods or volunteers contribute fixing these mistakes.
I wasn't even aware TPB searched by IMDB code.

I don't know that I'd support making it mandatory because those who can't be bothered will put in some random code rather than leaving it empty possibly polluting the results of a different title.

No doubt Winston could make the results smarter and also search titles where the code is empty.
(Feb 12, 2021, 18:39 pm)Moe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know that I'd support making it mandatory because those who can't be bothered will put in some random code rather than leaving it empty possibly polluting the results of a different title.
Some uploaders are fortunate enough to include the IMDb link in the description hence why it brought it up.
Another solution is you could have it autocomplete , i.e it will get the title,year and automatically try to fetch the id and display a little preview if it's correct.
You also include a place to link it in the info (this uploader didn't put it in the description):
[Image: 267WNBf.png]
So have it check that as well as part of the query.
It is useless for box sets and filmographies.