SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: I have a very urgent question! | TS2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so. I'm downloading The Sims 2 from the pirate bay and it says "Multi Repack". What's the difference between a repack and a normal version of the game? I see the game weighs a lot less, from 14GB to 6GB, complete edition. Also, do I lose anything if I download the repacked version instead of the 'original' one? Thank you so much in advance guys!
https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-repacked-game?share=1

A repack is simply what it says it is. A repack can be of any computer program or software, which includes video games.

Basically, you take all the setup, configuration & data files which make up the core of the software and 'pack' them up into a single custom installer program. This is often very highly compressed in the case of video games as they particularly have very large data files and it's done so to save space. But this also means that it can take the installer much time to 'unpack' it which in turn depends on your CPU speed and system memory.

In video game piracy, a repack is a complete repackaging of the game files along with the crack/fix required to run the game DRM free.

Usually, repackers will take the legit data files of the game/software, apply a crack by some other scene group and repackage the whole thing into one complete package.

So when you run the the repacked game program, it will just 'install' (extract) the core files to the specified folder and you can run the game right away after install as the DRM had been fixed already.

This, by the way isn't exactly legal though.