SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Traditional vs. Blockchain Torrent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Jun 09, 2020, 06:59 am)dueda Wrote: [ -> ]So you propose decentralizing the torrent index network (by publishing the magnet links on a new, non-DHT network), while the actual storage and sharing will take place on the users' PCs and ISPs.
As I see it the main problem with file-sharing is the "dead torrent", a storage problem. People will have problems with hardware, viruses, or just want to clear up storage space for a new thing.
To be concise, the integration of libtorrent DHT technology will be used as a network storage for block contents.

You can check the article for more details.
DTH Potential Impact on Blockchain
If I got it right, suppose microtransactions got a new meaning. I myself believe that the file-sharing ecosystem needs money to survive, and engaged on more than a thread discussion. In the end, it sounds easier to just keep direct monetization out of the equation, but that is "inertial", and the real world seems to have lotta gravity (hit and run) and friction (with the RIAA/MPAA).
Money to upload/download?

Not in this lifetime!

A 100Gb database (blickchain IS a database), ever growing, means that the file must eventually be *centralized* , and those servers can be monitored. Besides who gets these coins? Sounds like another scam where people are trying to monetize warez.

The problem with digital currency is that for anyone to transfer into real fiat it must cross into the banking system, where the banksters can automatically trace every transaction. Digital currencies can be outlawed by simply shutting down the online exchanges that use sanctioned coins. And how long do you think warezcoins will be permitted?

Dont think there are any truly secure coins. Because the simple matter is that the exchanges are not the weakest link. The keys are. Think about that when your next system update comes in. And think about those 'hidden cores'.

The second that the feds think that money is being used for something they really dont like, they can accuse it of being used to support a 'terrorist' organization like Antifa, and giving them money can lead to a cargo class ticket to Gitmo.

If its really decentralized - why any need for money at all?

Besides, as touched upon before, WHO is going to keep the blockchain free of scammers, sludge, and dead posts?
TPB is by far a better option. At least they clean up now and then.
(Jun 08, 2020, 06:51 am)Kriptolab Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, that nothing is impossible, but who is the real Satoshi?

Satoshi Nakamoto is Adam Back
In a decentralized and serverless consensused network, I can say it's hard to block any contents and becomes even harder to delete/remove once published, even admins/mods can't (this is tested and worked). And what is being built here is quite different from centralized system where frictions can be done by anyone able to do that.

"I think close the code or banning poeple is the practise to assume people are stupid. These days, we have to trust people. As long as informed, people are equal. Our gene are mostly same. The difference is what content we are reading. So the first priority is to make content open".

"Our tech stack is exactly to solve this "delete" issue, or even "lost" issue. So once information (file or a message) is out, it is no longer asset of individual or platform, it become part of the community, in technology sense, it is stored in an immutable form "hash" of the content. This is much needed and technically working."

If you can read well from my above posts, coins are only used to upload, download will be up to the user's connection or community seeders size. In a Blockchain system things works differently from traditional one where we have to depends on servers to make things happen.

The world is changing every day, and now it's time to cope with it and build applications that we will have no fear of using since frictions will be hard.

We are learning and discover new things each day, so it's time to test the new discoveries so that we can feel the differences.

We truly need coin economy in a decentralized system so that to incentivize the ecosystem(s), and I think it's now the time to make it mainstream.
I just got the latest update to MicroTorrent Web, and it has a points system linked to cryptocoins *and a virtual wallet.
They're charging for downloads on high demand and paying for seeding. Looks like the old rating system, monetized. And as Waregim said, who will get the profits? The seeders will be rewarded, but how much is the service (a central, in the end) cut?
What is sounds like to me is that they are seeding the pot looking for 'angel investors'. Perhaps even dreaming of an IPO.

Then they will take the money and run. Or stage a fake funeral. Its been done before.
(Jun 15, 2020, 08:25 am)dueda Wrote: [ -> ]I just got the latest update to MicroTorrent Web, and it has a points system linked to cryptocoins *and a virtual wallet.
They're charging for downloads on high demand and paying for seeding. Looks like the old rating system, monetized. And as Waregim said, who will get the profits? The seeders will be rewarded, but how much is the service (a central, in the end) cut?

The platform is built on top of libretorrent, so the seeding ability is automated, directly from an app, no Vitual wallet 

Meanwhile, seeders will get more free data to download from peers.

(Jun 18, 2020, 04:11 am)waregim Wrote: [ -> ]What is sounds like to me is that they are seeding the pot looking for 'angel investors'. Perhaps even dreaming of an IPO.

Then they will take the money and run. Or stage a fake funeral. Its been done before.
TAU as the project itself is two years now, didn't do any ico/ieo/ipo, and have no plan to do any sort of that kind, 82% of the coins will be distributed to the community (this process is ongoing), team will only reserve 18% for research and development purpose. In a self funded project, I think this is fair.
Think of the decentralized platform where torrent communities can chat (server-less chat) and share files, think about these torrent communities setting up coin system. All things happening in a mobile app, fully decentralized and permission-lessly while having everything at one place, easy to help community members and interaction. DHT technology has to make this possible over Blockchain along with many discoveries and explorations.

There are so many torrent communities out there, what's your opinions as a Piratebay to have file sharing and chatting community with coin system?
Mobile platform is even easier to hack and track than the older (wired) forms of Internet, but it's the present future. Even in homes, as the trouble of installing fiber (when available) and it's contract may be a deal breaker.

TPB with chat and ratings was uTorrent before 3.0, I guess. Just we could put money out and let admins manage the blingy thingy?
Pages: 1 2 3