SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: SmashAndGrab Torrents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(Feb 18, 2021, 09:29 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 16, 2021, 16:25 pm)SmashAndGrab Wrote: [ -> ]Dedicated to Ashley Spencer, and those who knew her.

And to the system that failed her and so many others in their darkest
hour, you can go fuck yourself.

R.I.P. Politux.

There was no such person as Ashley Spencer, that was a fake name, it was actually a guy called Sean Thornton.  This was the article that was posted just after his death:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/s...=191822962

Sean was my best friend irl for like 20 years, and I knew him as Sean most of my life. I still mostly remember him as Sean, to be honest.  He wanted to be Ashley for most of our friendship, and came out as Ashley to his family, friends, and co-workers and tried to embrace it in public for a time -- no not legally or whatever.  But if dude felt he was Ashley and jumps off a bridge dealing with all of that and everything else, it doesn't seem wrong to remember him as her.  Truth is he was both Sean and Ashley, or at least that is how it felt to know him.  I don't know if you are just trolling me, but trolling or not, the way he left us I would not wish on anyone. I talked him into one hospital twice, and talked him into a third different hospital after being turned away from the first hospital.  I know the state he was in, and no one should ever be turned away in the state of mind he was in and he ended up being turned away 3 times in a row from 2 different hospitals.
[Image: cover.jpg]

The Hold Steady - Open Door Policy (2021) [FLAC]

Released ................ 2021
Source .................. WEB
Genre ................... rock, indie rock
Codec ................... FLAC
Bit Depth ............... 16 bits
Sampling Rate ........... 44.1 kHz

The Hold Steady returned to action in 2019 with Thrashing Thru the Passion, an album that functioned as a clearinghouse of sorts as it featured several songs originally released as digital singles and EPs in the years prior to the LP's release. Its swift sequel, Open Door Policy, is another beast entirely. Written and recorded as a cohesive album, Open Door Policy feels like the Cinemascope cousin to Thrashing Thru the Passion: the Hold Steady take full advantage of their larger canvass. Often, this amounts to vigorous splashes of color and muscular flexes from the sextet, their ebb and flow following the dense yet openhearted narratives from Craig Finn. The individual songs on Open Door Policy don't quite add up to a cohesive story. Rather, they're a series of connected sketches and portraits, all addressing individuals adrift in an age of alienation. Finn's words deserve concentration, but the key to Open Door Policy is how it plays as an operatic rock & roll record, where the emphasis lies more on the melodrama than the grit. Perhaps this slowing pace is the inevitable side effect of middle age -- it's harder to rant and rave than it was two decades earlier -- or perhaps it's a conscious decision to mirror the material. Either way, by focusing on bringing light and shade into the margins, the Hold Steady wound up with an album that feels vivid and alive; it's as if the songs themselves have a life outside of the recording.

01 - The Feelers
02 - Spices
03 - Lanyards
04 - Family Farm
05 - Unpleasant Breakfast
06 - Heavy Covenant
07 - The Prior Procedure
08 - Riptown
09 - Me & Magdalena
10 - Hanover Camera
11 - Parade Days (Bonus Track)
[Image: poster.jpg]

I Care a Lot (2020)

A crooked legal guardian who drains the savings of her elderly wards meets her match when a woman she tries to swindle turns out to be more than she first appears.

Stars
Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, Eiza González

Runtime
1h 58min

IMDB
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9893250/

Video
2500 kb/s 1080p WEBRip AVC

Audio
640 kb/s AC3 5.1

Subtitles
English SubRip

Size
2.68 GiB

Screens
[Image: 1.png] [Image: 2.png] [Image: 3.png] [Image: 4.png] [Image: 5.png] [Image: 6.png]
(Feb 18, 2021, 11:00 am)SmashAndGrab Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 16, 2021, 16:25 pm)SmashAndGrab Wrote: [ -> ]Dedicated to Ashley Spencer, and those who knew her.

R.I.P. Politux.

There was no such person as Ashley Spencer, that was a fake name, it was actually a guy called Sean Thornton.  This was the article that was posted just after his death:

Sean was my best friend irl for like 20 years, and I knew him as Sean most of my life. I still mostly remember him as Sean, to be honest.  He wanted to be Ashley for most of our friendship, and came out as Ashley to his family, friends, and co-workers and tried to embrace it in public for a time -- no not legally or whatever.  But if dude felt he was Ashley and jumps off a bridge dealing with all of that and everything else, it doesn't seem wrong to remember him as her.  Truth is he was both Sean and Ashley, or at least that is how it felt to know him.  I don't know if you are just trolling me, but trolling or not, the way he left us I would not wish on anyone. I talked him into one hospital twice, and talked him into a third different hospital after being turned away from the first hospital.  I know the state he was in, and no one should ever be turned away in the state of mind he was in and he ended up being turned away 3 times in a row from 2 different hospitals.

Well, names don't matter. What matters is that the person existed and brought us joy and pleasure.

Most of us who don't know this person will know the person in question under the name "politux," at least that is the case for me.
(Feb 20, 2021, 04:23 am)RobertX Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 18, 2021, 11:00 am)SmashAndGrab Wrote: [ -> ]

R.I.P. Politux.

Well, names don't matter. What matters is that the person existed and brought us joy and pleasure.

Most of us who don't know this person will know the person in question under the name "politux," at least that is the case for me.

Agreed.

So I did not mean my upload to be some attempt to redefine how this person is remembered. Was literally just a sentence of how I was remembering him and everything that had happened when I uploaded it. I do not speak for politux or anyone else. My own impression having known him for quite some time is that he felt sort of like an imposter as Sean but never felt completely free to be Ashley.  Maybe he used s_vague (something vague) for a time not just because it was a Bright Eyes song, who knows.

But I think he embodied the fuck out of politux, for better or worse. He could definitely be a real dick and I think a lot of people only knew him as a drunken asshole but that was only one side because he was a lot more than that IRL or if you got to know him beyond the trolling.

But yeah, names don't really matter. I think he valued that I accepted the person he was (whatever name or label) without judgement. I may have somewhat different problems than he did, but I know I really valued his acceptance of me just the same.  He will be missed, impossible to replace, and never forgotten.

LOL, I'm terrible at talking about someone after their death.  If his family had an open funeral I would've been like yeah this mother fucker was a real dick and I'm gonna miss him! oh man, well that is kind of spot on though. No matter what, hands down my favorite person in the world to get stoned with.

Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends (1969) [24.96 FLAC]

Released ................ 1969
Genre ................... blues rock
Bit Depth ............... 24 bits
Sampling Rate ........... 96.0 kHz

Joe Cocker's debut album holds up extraordinarily well across four decades, the singer's performance bolstered by some very sharp playing, not only by his established sideman/collaborator Chris Stainton, but also some top-notch session musicians, among them drummer Clem Cattini, Steve Winwood on organ, and guitarists Jimmy Page and Albert Lee, all sitting in. It's Cocker's voice, a soulful rasp of an instrument backed up by Madeline Bell, Sunny Weetman and Rossetta Hightower that carries this album and makes "Change in Louise," "Feeling Alright," "Just Like a Woman," "I Shall Be Released," and even "Bye Bye Blackbird" into profound listening experiences. But the surprises in the arrangements, tempo, and approaches taken help make this an exceptional album. Tracks like "Just Like a Woman," with its soaring gospel organ above a lean textured acoustic and light electric accompaniment, and the guitar-dominated rendition of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" -- the formal debut of the Grease Band on record -- all help make this an exceptional listening experience. The 1999 A&M reissue not only includes new notes and audiophile-quality sound, but also a pair of bonus tracks, the previously unanthologized B-sides "The New Age of Lily" and "Something Coming On," deserved better than the obscurity in which they previously dwelt.

01 - Feelin' Alright
02 - Bye Bye Blackbird
03 - Change In Louise
04 - Marjorine (Single Version)
05 - Just Like A Woman
06 - Do I Still Figure In Your Life?
07 - Sandpaper Cadillac
08 - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
09 - With A Little Help From My Friends
10 - I Shall Be Released
11 - The New Age Of Lily (Single Version)
12 - Something's Coming On (Single Version)

David Bowie - Look at the Moon! (Live Phoenix Festival 97) (2021) [FLAC]

Source .................. CD
Genre ................... rock, electronic

David Bowie’s “Brilliant Live Adventures” series — a six-part release focusing on the late icon’s Nineties concerts — continues February 12th with its fourth installment, Look at the Moon! (Live Phoenix Festival 97). The latest release features Bowie’s performance at the Phoenix Festival in Long Marston, England, on July 20th, 1997. The setlist boasts a handful of Bowie hits, a heavy helping of his then-new album Earthling, and a rare rendition of Laurie Anderson’s classic “O Superman.”

DISC 1

01 - Quicksand
  02 - The Man Who Sold The World
  03 - Driftin' Blues/The Jean Genie
  04 - I'm Afraid Of Americans
  05 - Battle For Britain (The Letter)
  06 - Fashion
  07 - Seven Years In Tibet
  08 - Fame
  09 - Looking For Satellites
  10 - Under Pressure

DISC 2

01 - The Hearts Filthy Lesson
  02 - Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
  03 - Hallo Spaceboy
  04 - Little Wonder
  05 - Dead Man Walking
  06 - White Light/White Heat
  07 - O Superman
  08 - Stay

First Aid Kit - Discography (2006-2018) [FLAC]

Released ................ 2006-2018
Genre ................... folk, indie

A Swedish indie folk duo with a devoted international following, First Aid Kit blend the bright vocal harmonies and pastoral, contemplative songwriting of sisters Klara and Johanna Söderberg. After receiving radio play in Sweden as teenagers, they went on to chart across Europe and in the U.S. and Australia with albums such as The Lion's Roar (2012) and Ruins (2018). Often accompanied by a backing band, the group has staged Leonard Cohen tribute concerts and covered other musicians including Simon & Garfunkel, R.E.M., and Kate Bush.

Hailing from suburban Enskede and taking influence from the likes of Fleet Foxes and Joanna Newsom, the Söderberg siblings began composing songs as young teenagers in 2007. The home-recorded "Tangerine" enjoyed airplay on Swedish radio later that summer, and the debut EP Drunken Trees helped expand the girls' audience upon its release in April 2008. The London-based Wichita Records reissued Drunken Trees one year later, bolstering its track list with a reverent Fleet Foxes cover and three additional songs performed live in a Swedish forest.

The duo then set to work on a full-length album, balancing schoolwork with the recording sessions. The Big Black & the Blue was released in 2010, and was followed by a request from Jack White to record a single at his Third Man Studios, which resulted in their cover of Buffy Sainte-Marie's "Universal Soldier." They struck up a friendship with Conor Oberst and appeared live with Bright Eyes on tour before they entered the studio with the band's guitarist Mike Mogis for The Lion's Roar, which arrived in early 2012. The lead single "Emmylou" was listed by Rolling Stone as the tenth best single of the year, and the LP debuted at number one in Sweden. It also charted in several other countries, including the U.S., where it reached number 65 on the Billboard 200 and the Top Five of the Americana/folk chart.

The sisters' creative relationship with Oberst was cemented in 2014 when they sang backing vocals on his solo album Upside-Down Mountain, and that same year the duo released Stay Gold, their first album on major-label Columbia. It hit number one in Sweden and Norway, and charted in the Top 25 in several European countries, the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Stay Gold went on to win Album of the Year at Sweden's Grammis. After two years of touring, festivals, and international TV appearances (including a cover of Simon & Garfunkel's "America" for The Late Show with David Letterman), First Aid Kit headed to Portland, Oregon to record their fourth LP. Featuring production by Tucker Martine (My Morning Jacket, the Decemberists) and backing musicians such as R.E.M.'s Peter Buck, Wilco's Glen Kotche, and Midlake's McKenzie Smith, the resulting Ruins was informed by the aftermath of Klara's broken engagement. It arrived via Columbia in early 2018 and became another international chart success, reaching number one in Sweden, the Top Five in the U.K. and Norway, and number 47 in the U.S. Comprised of songs recorded during the Ruins sessions, they followed it with the aptly titled Tender Offerings EP in September of the same year.

Ruins (2018)

01 - Rebel Heart
  02 - It's A Shame
  03 - Fireworks
  04 - Postcard
  05 - To Live A Lie
  06 - My Wild Sweet Love
  07 - Distant Star
  08 - Ruins
  09 - Hem Of Her Dress
  10 - Nothing Has To Be True

Stay Gold (2014)

01 - My Silver Lining
  02 - Master Pretender
  03 - Stay Gold
  04 - Cedar Lane
  05 - Shattered & Hollow
  06 - The Bell
  07 - Waitress Song
  08 - Fleeting One
  09 - Heaven Knows
  10 - A Long Time Ago

The Lion's Roar (2012)

01 - The Lion's Roar
  02 - Emmylou
  03 - In The Hearts of Men
  04 - Blue
  05 - This Old Routine
  06 - To a Poet
  07 - I Found a Way
  08 - Dance to Another Tune
  09 - New Year's Eve
  10 - King of the World
  11 - Wolf
  12 - Marianne's Son
  13 - I Just Needed a Friend

The Big Black & The Blue (2010)

01 - In the Morning
  02 - Hard Believer
  03 - Sailor Song
  04 - Waltz for Richard
  05 - Heavy Storm
  06 - Ghost Town
  07 - Josefin
  08 - A Window Opens
  09 - Winter Is All Over You
  10 - I Met Up With the King
  11 - Wills of the River

Plaits (2008)

01 - Season
  02 - Fake-Real
  03 - Valse
  04 - Caperucita
  05 - Mr. Teat Pot
  06 - Samurai Tourist
  07 - Talcum Powder
  08 - Truth Can Hurt
  09 - If Small
  10 - Screw me up And Throw Away
  11 - Ignition

F1rst (2006)

01 - Still on Fire
  02 - Forgotten Sky
  03 - Suddenly
  04 - Greenish
  05 - After the 3rd Day and Before the 4th
  06 - Sadness Dies
  07 - The Present
  08 - Brown Eyes

Julien Baker - Little Oblivions (2021) [FLAC]

Genre ................... singer-songwriter, alternative, indie

Julien Baker's third album, Little Oblivions, follows her first appearance on the Billboard 200 with 2017's Turn Out the Lights as well as a full-length collaboration with like-minded singer/songwriters Phoebe Bridgers and Lucy Dacus under the handle Boygenius. Giving the impression of being ready for bigger stages, Little Oblivions turns up the volume and expands arrangements, including notably adding a consistent rhythm section to her songs for the first time. Beyond mere "full-band arrangement," though, tracks like "Ringside" and opener "Hardline" feature rousing, arena-sized moments with a sea of ringing guitars, shimmery keys, and, in the case of the former, full drum kit and crashing cymbals. As if to prepare listeners, the album's opening seconds comprise a mix of fuzzy keyboard tones, low strings, and electronics. It's a sharp contrast to her sparse and brittle debut, though the music remains almost entirely self-made, with Baker performing all but an "additional instrumentation" credit from engineer Calvin Lauber and backing vocals by Dacus and Bridgers on one track ("Favor"). What also hasn't changed over time are the songwriter's self-examining, ruminative lyrics and pained vocal delivery, presented here in tandem with a very heavy dose of self-loathing. Lyrics like, "Face down in the carpet, I wish you'd hurt me/It's the mercy I can't take" ("Song in E") and "How long do I have until I've spent up everyone's good will?" ("Favor") populate emo-adjacent songs about waning faith, drinking, depression, and doomed relationships. There are glimmers of gratitude alongside the masochistic ideation of entries including "Ringside," where she casts herself as her own opponent in the ring. That song also deviates from typically rising and falling, sine wave-shaped instrumentation patterns, opting instead of constantly churning accompaniment. Elsewhere, "Song in E" offers another change of pace with a despondent piano ballad. Despite the bigger sound on average, however, Baker's brutal lyrical authenticity remains the main attraction.

01 - Hardline
02 - Heatwave
03 - Faith Healer
04 - Relative Fiction
05 - Crying Wolf
06 - Bloodshot
07 - Ringside
08 - Favor
09 - Song in E
10 - Repeat
11 - Highlight Reel
12 - Ziptie

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Way Down in the Rust Bucket (2021) [FLAC]

Genre ................... rock

In the spring of 1990, Neil Young and Crazy Horse recorded at Young’s Broken Arrow Ranch in Northern California. The resulting album, “Ragged Glory”, would be released later in the year on September 9th. On November 13th1990, Neil and the Horse performed at The Catalyst - the small bar in Santa Cruz, CA, that Neil Young occasionally played in the 1970’s, ‘80’s and ‘90’s. The marathon show lasted over 3 hours and featured the band in tremendous form, playing three blistering sets. It would be the first time many of the Ragged Glory songs were played live, and notably featured the first time “Dangerbird” would be performed live – 15 years after it was released on Zuma. The entire show was filmed and recorded by Shakey Picture’s LA Johnson and is now being released as a CD, vinyl and DVD as “Way Down in The Rust Bucket”.

01 - Country Home
02 - Surfer Joe and Moe the Sleaze
03 - Love to Burn
04 - Days That Used to Be
05 - Bite the Bullet
06 - Cinnamon Girl
07 - Farmer John
08 - Over and Over
09 - Danger Bird
10 - Don't Cry No Tears
11 - Sedan Delivery
12 - Roll Another Number (For the Road)