SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: How does adobe know that I pirated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few pirated adobe programs, some through direct downloads (photshop cs6, after effects cs6 and flash pro cs6) and some through creative cloud (photoshop cc, illustrator cc, animate cc and a few others). Yesterday I got a computer notification from adobe saying something along the lines that they're aware that I have pirated content and that I should remove it. Do they know only of the ones cracked through creative cloud or do they also know about the cs6 ones?
It happened to me as well (Photoshop CS6). I have the Acrobat Pro that still works, though.

I just reinstall from the torrent I have, and make sure I shut off the internet connection. My MS Office would do that too. Every so often I'd have to re-run the toolkit.
i use CS6, but not CC ones.
when installing CS6 it must be on offline (not connected to internet).
after installing and cracking, running CS6 will be ok even though we are online.

btw cracking CS6 is only copy modified amtlib.dll into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6
1.Try to absolutely minimize the presence of your NAME on your systems. Use nyms for everything on your system. Even 'legit' software.
Applies to $home dirs as well.

2. Get the Adobe Host blocking IPs from the numerous cracks out there, and apply them.
Some will insist that Host IPs be enabled during install, and unblocked later. Those releases never seem to work here.
Normally *always* block Adobe seven ways to sunday, and there is other crapware/boogers to guard against as well.

3. Disable all Adobe services in services.msc. Apps wiil complain, and take longer to load, but here, at least they work.

4. Use a *basic* Firewall. After many days of searching I found PC Tools Firewall Plus. Use it to block further attempts by Adobe apps to phone home.

5. Look for portable versions. The ones here seem to work well, and I *believe* they are sandboxed by default.

Other options I have not tried are :

6. Installing and running directly in VM or Sandbox.

7. Testing whether removal of troublesome executables, with scripted .exe's that return either 0 or 1 will work.

8. Comnect to net on a 'normal' basis via VPN.

9. Check M$Tasks and Group Policies for Adobe entries, and disable where practical.

10. If you *do* go for a cloud account, use a VPN and an anonymous email address provider for verification. See #8.

Take all this with a grain of Himalayan Sea salt. The Win system here is old, and heavily hacked. And my methods may not work on newer systems.
adobe software “calls” home. i use a program called “little snitch” to help prevent such actions. you can also block the adobe server by using host files.
I used to use Photoshop until I found Gimp.

www.gimp.org

I can see why I think plugging Gimp would be politux's last official acts.
Is there a Win/Linux port of Little Snitch? Or even a Python equivalent?
I've heard nothing but good about it, but... dont use Apple. Since 1982.

Gimp is a great program, and can probably be used for 99% of normal photo editing.

But its that last 1% as well as the fact that the korporate brainwashing gulags known as schools insist on the adoble krap.
pongo3010, are you still able to use the software?

If not, I would just uninstall the programs and put them back in. It's an answer for everything! Smile

Remember to block all connections from it when it does phone home. You do have a firewall, do you?
(Nov 04, 2019, 12:54 pm)waregim Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a Win/Linux port of Little Snitch? Or even a Python equivalent?
I've heard nothing but good about it, but... dont use Apple. Since 1982.

Gimp is a great program, and can probably be used for 99% of normal photo editing.

But its that last 1% as well as the fact that the korporate brainwashing gulags known as schools insist on the adoble krap.

I actually looked when I saw his post... Never heard of it since I'm a win 8.1 user.

I see that the suggestions go to modifying your firewall to block outgoing connections...
Just dont trust the Win firewall. Disable it, and use a real firewall instead. So far, PC Tools Firewall Plus is doing pretty good. But I also disable Abobe services (services.msc)