SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: [split] rename this if you want people to bother reading it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AThis dude BACKWHEN is a really interesting, small Bandcamp artist. He's been really chill and open to conversation.
Fanboying has got me pretty far; we've basically been digi-penpals for almost 3 years.
He's an interesting fellow: His music is predominately hip-hop influenced but it has airy, jazz-samples and psychedelic influences.
It's most apt to describe him as post-trap. What does that mean? Well:

The second song is from an older album but still has the elements that make him unique; to me at least. His newer albums are all over the place, taking lots of risks and not pumping out 2m30s beat-loops that are lame and tame. His backing tracks are mostly held together by smooth jazzy-esque samples and airy synth melodies. Vocal samples from mainstream songs are mixed in sparingly--mostly in his older albums.
From top to bottom, I recommend supporting this guy. Unfortunately it's been quite a bit of money to collect all of his albums. This song is not indicative of his current style.
It's still really fucking good imo.
There's something about this dude's blend of samples and chill/hard-in-the-paint beatwork.
Anyone interested, check out his Bandcamp page.
Message me if anyone is interested in helping me set-up some sharing of his music. I own almost every album and single off his page.
BUT MOSTLY: SUPPORT THIS FELLA. HE'S A GRINDER, A GOOD GUY AND SEEMS TO GENUINELY CARE ABOUT MAKING INNOVATIVE AND UNIQUE BEATS.
Criminally underrated.

As you can tell, I am a huge nerd for this dude: BACKWHEN.

(This is my 1st post. Pls no bully) Heart