SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Can you travel back in time using the power of your mind?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Sep 20, 2018, 23:28 pm)soulcity Wrote: [ -> ]I often get unexpectedly busy from time to time.  Perhaps it's one of the reasons why I long for the past.

Too much time in our hands (Stix's song) Blush
(Sep 21, 2018, 10:13 am)hypno-potamous Wrote: [ -> ]If you truly believe you can, then its possible.
That's what I'm hoping. 

(Sep 21, 2018, 11:09 am)dueda Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 20, 2018, 23:28 pm)soulcity Wrote: [ -> ]I often get unexpectedly busy from time to time.  Perhaps it's one of the reasons why I long for the past.

Too much time in our hands (Stix's song)  Blush

Good song, and I wish you find what you look for... But me I remember the past and long for future.
Yep, it may not be good, but the present is just shaping the future with hopes.
(Sep 21, 2018, 20:05 pm)dueda Wrote: [ -> ]but the present is just shaping the future with hopes.
The present is really all we have in our control. If make the most of our present, we can have a brighter future which will lead to un-regretable pasts. Then maybe, we won't have the want or need to travel back in time to somewhere else aside from pure curiosity...
Beautiful thought, but we don't live alone, aren't born to control everything. I wish...
One once said "for evil to prevail it's enough for good men to stand" (kinda like that).
Audrey Hepburn Wrote:Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
(Sep 21, 2018, 20:05 pm)dueda Wrote: [ -> ]Good song, and I wish you find what you look for... But me I remember the past and long for future.
Yep, it may not be good, but the present is just shaping the future with hopes.
Today we just as likely to see a 60 year old with pink hair and a sleeve tattoo as a 20 year old. The music, TV shows, movies, etc are all recycled versions of what was available 20-30 years ago. A massively huge part of our current culture is about replaying and reliving the era that came just before the Internet.

Even our smart phones with all their apps are nothing more than a repackaging of technologies that used to be sold as separate devices.

(Sep 21, 2018, 21:13 pm)LZA Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 21, 2018, 20:05 pm)dueda Wrote: [ -> ]but the present is just shaping the future with hopes.
The present is really all we have in our control. If make the most of our present, we can have a brighter future which will lead to un-regretable pasts. Then maybe, we won't have the want or need to travel back in time to somewhere else aside from pure curiosity...

I'm neither an optimist nor a pessimist but instead pride myself on being a pragmatist.

So therefore I'll sum up the situation:
We're always going to have regrettable pasts because the very nature of humanity is to do things that we regret. Unfortunately we've gone from being monkeys with spears and fire to monkeys with guns to what we have now.... Monkeys with all knowing surveillance technology and drones that's easily offended with a desire for communism.

But on that wonderful note here's something to ponder.

From a scientific point of view there really is NO present. We don't see reality/life in real time as it is but instead we see it a few nanoseconds as it was in the past because of the time it takes for the light to travel to our eyes and our brains to process the information.
(Sep 22, 2018, 03:01 am)soulcity Wrote: [ -> ]...
We're always going to have regrettable pasts because the very nature of humanity is to do things that we regret.  
Unfortunately we've gone from being monkeys with spears and fire to monkeys with what we have now...

Just consider pragma done wrong = pathology. We're in excess by default creatures.

"Nothing is lost or created, everything is transformed". (Lavoisier).
"He who has nothing and never will, doesn't need to know and does what needs". (A poor man once said me).

But don't worry, in proper time we'll have anal probes and neural grappling.

Artists are visioneers, laymen are blind bitches, pioneers are predators and entrepreneurs are parasites.
I only wish I'd score the hot girl next door. I regret not to, but she didn't let me.
(yeah, it's a Brave New World)

Eradicate or lobotomize 75-95% of population and discipline the rest. Put people to work, not think; brains and bowels are too similar.
Some people buy a stupid new shoe every day while others work their souls off 18 hours for 100 calories.
Climb a hill with popcorn, watch the nukes fall and the survivors killing each other, until nothing is left and the millennia come.

Oh wait, there was the Roman Empire, then rinse and repeat... The wheel of fortune and time...
Dream....

Sometimes that's better than even living in reality. And that's pretty sad..

Partially when all the historical stuff vanishes overnight, because all  we care about is making profit/tourists attraction.

Actually, the closest way is to rid ourselves of this technology..
(Sep 23, 2018, 23:02 pm)Tech Wrote: [ -> ]Dream....

Sometimes that's better than even living in reality. And that's pretty sad..

Partially when all the historical stuff vanishes overnight, because all  we care about is making profit/tourists attraction.

Actually, the closest way is to rid ourselves of this technology..

In university I started off studying computer science but before I could finish my degree I had the misfortune of meeting the department head.  What an incredible eye opening experience that was and I've lived in horror ever since with the knowledge that men like him were going to dictate how the world works.   To this day I'm convinced that a psychotic sadistic hateful tyrant would be preferable to 95% of today's technology obsessed maniacs. 

Needless to say I changed my major.   (I'm a really crappy coder anyway)
Pages: 1 2 3