why slow upload speed
For a while now my upload speeds have been virtually non-existent.

I'm not super savvy with the software, but I have made an effort to try to see what's going on and I can tell there are peers trying to get files I have and they are getting some from other seeders, but for some reason they are getting little or nothing from me.

I used to see fast upload speeds. Up to 400k at times. But now nobody is getting anything.

I'm using Tixati and it often shows a yellow "LC" symbol as though I'm choking them, but I'm not.

I called Comcast and asked them if I had a cap on my bandwidth and they said no and offered to upgrade me to a higher speed.

I would like to be able to give back to the community. I can download ok, but I don't think I'm seeing the really high speeds for that that I used to either. It's hard to be sure since I never knew when the really high speeds were going to happen.

Any suggestion?
did you try default settings? re-installed the software?
Comcast definitely has and still does cap bittorrent upload speed, but doesn't sound like that's the case here.
Ok, I tried hitting the only default settings button I could find (in Connections), no difference.
I started to uninstall, but was advised that I could just upgrade cleanly without installing so I did that.
I'm now using a newer version, but still the same behavior.

I should mention I'm using Private Internet Access. Not sure if that could be part of the problem.
what do you mean by "private internet access?"

try uninstalling completely
OK, that fixed it. Thank You for the advice. I really thought it was something more nefarious than that.
I uninstalled completely and reinstalled and everything is working great.

Private Internet Access is VPN service.

Thanks again!
OK shirepirate is always helpful !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New HTTP/2 protocol to speed up web Scrumptious 0 11,733 Feb 18, 2015, 18:13 pm
Last Post: Scrumptious
  Why has Google bought an AI company? Scrumptious 0 11,381 Jan 29, 2014, 06:53 am
  Why zombie botnets refuse to die Scrumptious 0 10,954 Jan 20, 2014, 06:22 am
  internet speed boosting ddoking007 3 16,846 Nov 22, 2013, 01:30 am
Last Post: NIK