[split] Tell me a list of good Torrenting software
I ordered chinese cases with 40mm fans.
Also 12-5v 5A power supply chips, as I figured they need to be able to run off a 12V battery. For now an old computer supply would work.

What would be best for these things with torrents? I imagine the SD cards a bad choice. A USB stick or USB SATA?
That thread was about software, not hardware.

But to answer your question, outside of boot and dependent applications, you should probably be mounting a network share for storage.
Yeah, USB SATA mounted as network share so you can access you precious files anywhere. If you are getting more than one rpi you might wanna look into using one for pihole -> https://pi-hole.net/
Hmm...
A USB SATA drive is doable. I have the dock.
I can use an XP machine as an NAS.

But...
I have a 2TB SAS drive. A PCI driver board for it.
And now wondering if there is any way to connect this to a Pi.
Cheaply.
Check this guy out:

Short run down: He tried the SAS/PCI and failed- the video goes on to discuss a different solution he came up with to make a 4hdd pi-nas. He has a github with pi stuff, so you might just wanna start following him
The short answer is yes, you can get a SAS controller to work.

The longer answer is that you'd probably be better off building a cheap NAS to host your SAS drives. For now. Pi is evolving fast.
Moe, a network storage, something like a domain as opposed to a workgroup?
Network storage, yes. But without Microsoft being involved.

Given the example of a Pi, which isn't as flexible when it comes to mass storage, you would mount a network share and store to that. NFS is a popular choice, as well as SMB.

"domain" and "workgroup" would really only be relevant if you are using Windows as your file server. Personally, I wouldn't.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VPN; Antivirus software questions anonymousenvy007 8 10,522 Jan 26, 2024, 15:33 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  What is good and easy web server software? Ladyanne3 5 14,823 Mar 20, 2022, 20:22 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  NAS, media, torrenting. dueda 15 43,444 Mar 01, 2020, 04:45 am
Last Post: waregim
  Newbie Torrenting Question quercusnut 15 41,927 Dec 10, 2018, 02:16 am
Last Post: quercusnut
  Good SeedBox for seeding on ThePirateBay? EwwZinga 2 17,730 Oct 20, 2017, 00:36 am
Last Post: EwwZinga