shadowsocks
hi everyone
i really need your help
how do I use shadowsocks?
https://shadowsocks.org/en/index.html
is there like a free accounts??
what programs do i need to install?
i tried it but it's not working
It's a software package for setting up a tunnel between two computers. It's not a service you sign up for.
(Dec 07, 2019, 13:41 pm)Moe Wrote: It's a software package for setting up a tunnel between two computers.  It's not a service you sign up for.
what programs do i need???
I don't think you know what it is you are trying to do. Until you figure that out, it is impossible to know what software you need.
(Dec 08, 2019, 13:02 pm)Moe Wrote: I don't think you know what it is you are trying to do.  Until you figure that out, it is impossible to know what software you need.
i wanna tunnel my entire internet traffic through shadowsocks proxy
That's what a VPN is for. Not a socks proxy. Not saying it can't be done using socks, but you don't have the requisite knowledge or experience to make that happen.

Should you persist that you must be using shadowsocks, then download the client software and find someone who is hosting a server for you to connect to. Then configure each application you want to tunnel to use the client.
yeah but vpn decreases internet speed up to 50% while shadowsocks still maintains 95% of the original speed which makes huge difference for a guy like me who lives in a shitty country with shitty internet speed up to 6 Mbit/sec
While it is true that a VPN has slightly more overhead than socks, it is not true that it decreases your speeds significantly. If that is your experience, you need a better VPN provider. 6 Mb/s is not going to be a challenge for even a budget VPN.