senator thom tillis pushing to pass bill to make illegal streaming a felony
https://readsludge.com/2020/12/07/tillis...ash-blitz/

short version: tillis (who unfortunately won re-election) wants to pass 3 copyright bills as riders with the upcoming "must-pass" spending bill to keep the govt funded. First is the CASE act, creates a smaller cheaper court for copyright infringement cases, fears are it will revive copyright trolling which apparently was snuffed out a few years ago. The second "Trademark Modernization Act, is supposed to crack down on fraudulent trademark filings from foreign countries." taken straight from the article because I have no opinion on it.

And the third that ruined my night, a "felony streaming proposal". No text exists yet so no idea if this targets site owners, people using the sites or all the above. It may be the return of SOPA/PIPA considering I keep hearing "draconian" in relation to thom's attacks on the internet. Additionally the mofo wants to reform the DMCA and plans on introducing draft text for that on December 18th 2020.

I assume this is happening thanks to covid screwing over hollywood so their barely-existent tolerance towards piracy is dead or nearly there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  West pushing Russia into foreign debt default Resurgence 0 6,499 Jun 29, 2022, 01:16 am
Last Post: Resurgence
  How to make Qalayet Bandora, a vegan Jordanian and Palestinian dish Resurgence 0 5,366 Jun 21, 2022, 01:22 am
  Jamaica becomes first country to make a central bank digital currency legal tender Resurgence 0 4,976 Jun 10, 2022, 23:54 pm
  Israel pushing Biden to remove Pegasus spyware from US blacklist: Report Resurgence 0 4,861 Jun 10, 2022, 23:53 pm
  Germany to invest €100 billion to make Europe's biggest army Resurgence 0 4,978 Jun 01, 2022, 01:21 am