safest bitcoin wallet?
I'm considering adding bitcoin as an option for donation on my tracker due to users understandably reluctant to use cards.

What is the safest wallet I could use, or way to save bitcoins while also keeping the options of converting them into money?

If you have other suggestions for receiving payments that are safe and hassle free, I'll scoop those up as well!
Welllll.... I use Multibit Classic on a USB stick for most bitcoin transactions. For multi-sig, I use the coinb.in website downloaded to, and running from, the same drive. THE most secure coin wallet is a hardware wallet, like the Trezor wallet.

Depending on your location, there are many sites that allow you to "withdraw" bitcoin to a bank account or PayPal. Look for websites that allow you to purchase bitcoin directly, or try using the site localbitcoins for selling coin for cash (Western Union), PayPal, prepaid reload cards, gift cards, etc. You can even make a profit by selling your coin above market value.
Idea
For Anonymity I can highly recommend Shadow Wallet http://shadowrnzghb5zhb.onion/
Perks include secure Encrypted offline storage, Anonymous registration, Bitcoin washing machine.
Check out more at the Hidden Wiki http://zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Client side I would recommend running a hardware wallet such as Electrum for simplicity, Two-factor authentication & it also supports address rotation, the privacy aspects are decent enough if combined with VPN + Tor, order is important!

For the best of both worlds I would advise you to use Shadow Wallet for receiving Bitcoins and then withdraw your clean Bitcoins to your Electrum hardware wallet.

I would also suggest if you fail to run GNU/Linux (Ubuntu is not GNU/Linux) you should follow the Shadow Wallet route as running a hardware wallet on Windows Suk or Apple Fag devices is going to be like dropping your watch in the toilet, you are going to have a shitty time! Remote exfiltration of the wallet.dat file is much easier on these devices as they often implement poor security standards.

Lastly always encrypt your wallet & remember that the encryption implemented is only as strong as your password, the more bits of entropy your passphrase contains the better! Backup you key files on multiple external encrypted USB's & store them in different locations, I cannot stress this enough. And if you are going to use https://localbitcoins.com/ meet your contact in a very public place & don't forget your taser!

"The mice will win in the end. But in the meantime, the cats will be well fed." Bruce Schneier
Hello 

Use trezor safest bitcoin wallet... its the safest bitcoin wallet. But the most safest wallet is paper wallet but you must safe it in the most safest place.
safest online wallet is coinbase. In coinbase you will have cold and hot wallet. Coinbase is also available in mobile app. You can also store ethereum. here is tutorial how to use coinbase android app. In some supported countries, you can also buy or sell BTC and ETH.
blockchain
(Jan 06, 2017, 02:03 am)Hi, I have tried Shadow Wallet today. My bitcoin moved into Shadow Wallet, after that I am trying to send bit coin to other wallet address which is not happening.I can see the balance in my Shadow Wallet, however I am not able to withdraw / send bitcoins from there. I have tried number of times in last 8 hours. Nothing is happening.I have sent message to them twice, till now there is no reply.Is there an issue? OR is this a scam?Thanks. RebelAlliance Wrote: Idea
For Anonymity I can highly recommend Shadow Wallet http://shadowrnzghb5zhb.onion/
Perks include secure Encrypted offline storage, Anonymous registration, Bitcoin washing machine.
Check out more at the Hidden Wiki http://zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Client side I would recommend running a hardware wallet such as Electrum for simplicity, Two-factor authentication & it also supports address rotation, the privacy aspects are decent enough if combined with VPN + Tor, order is important!

For the best of both worlds I would advise you to use Shadow Wallet for receiving Bitcoins and then withdraw your clean Bitcoins to your Electrum hardware wallet.

I would also suggest if you fail to run GNU/Linux (Ubuntu is not GNU/Linux) you should follow the Shadow Wallet route as running a hardware wallet on Windows Suk or Apple Fag devices is going to be like dropping your watch in the toilet, you are going to have a shitty time! Remote exfiltration of the wallet.dat file is much easier on these devices as they often implement poor security standards.

Lastly always encrypt your wallet & remember that the encryption implemented is only as strong as your password, the more bits of entropy your passphrase contains the better! Backup you key files on multiple external encrypted USB's & store them in different locations, I cannot stress this enough. And if you are going to use https://localbitcoins.com/ meet your contact in a very public place & don't forget your taser!

"The mice will win in the end. But in the meantime, the cats will be well fed." Bruce Schneier
(Nov 21, 2016, 19:07 pm)hireshi Wrote: I'm considering adding bitcoin as an option for donation on my tracker due to users understandably reluctant to use cards.

What is the safest wallet I could use, or way to save bitcoins while also keeping the options of converting them into money?

If you have other suggestions for receiving payments that are safe and hassle free, I'll scoop those up as well!

https://www.bitcoinarmory.com

id say armory is the best software wallet as far as security goes. 

they base their product around peer reviewed open source code, offline airgapped cold storage and a paper wallet in a secure location as a backup ... here is their pitch:

Quote:Armory is the most secure and full featured solution available for users and institutions to generate and store Bitcoin private keys. This means users never have to trust the Armory team and can use it with the Glacier Protocol. Satoshi would be proud!
Users are empowered with multiple encrypted Bitcoin wallets and permanent one-time ‘paper backups’. Armory pioneered cold storage and distributed multi-signature. Bitcoin cold storage is a system for securely storing Bitcoins on a completely air-gapped offline computer.
The Armory team is highly experienced in cryptography and private key ceremonies. For example, they have collaborated with Verisign on developing an innovative Identity Verification Specification for establishing trust on the Internet. At Armory, we strive to constantly improve the best Bitcoin wallet with new security features.

Armory pioneered easily managing offline Bitcoin wallets using a computer that never touches the Internet. Everything needed to create transactions can be managed from an online computer with a watching only wallet. All secret private key data is available only on the offline computer. This greatly reduces the attack surface for an attacker attempting to steal bitcoins.
By keeping all private-key data on the offline computer only someone with physical access to the offline computer can steal your Bitcoins. The actual process of creating a transaction and signing it with the offline computer can take less than a minute and then you can broadcast it to the network so Bitcoin miners can include it in a block. Plus, Armory employs many security practices so that even if someone physically stole your offline system then it still may take centuries for them to get through the advanced wallet encryption!
And multi-signature addresses are available using Lockboxes in a completely distributed way. Thus, there is no safer way to manage large sums of Bitcoins than with the best Bitcoin wallet, Armory!
Though I dont use nor trust crypto, I do know from experience that hard drives fail catastrophically.
USB sticks especially if they are unused for long period os time. And if used too often (they also give no warning signs).

Paper would be the best primary choice.

But if using for modest amounts (that the IRS would not care about), and nothing technically illegal then basically all the suggestions above should work.

That said, if I needed to xfer any large amounts of money across borders I would certainly use crypto as a temporary medium of exchange.
Earlier on in the thread this person above described that using Windows and using a hardware wallet like suggested would result in having your watch fall in the toilet???

What is that exactly supposed to mean anyway?  I did have a look at this thread before, I don't see any reason why using Linux would be any advantage to using a wallet on your computer, if you know what you're doing Windows is fine really, I don't have any issues.

Another matter really in regards to all this discussion, don't you think it would be a bit silly to be going around on the dark web trying to send and receive bitcoin as an example?  Did people not read when they signed up to these wallets and such that you aren't supposed to use the dark web for sending and receiving as their servers can detect that you're sending and receiving from web addresses that they don't approve of and could be blocked from?  I remember seeing a lot of this some time ago, like for example you wouldn't go buying and sending your coin while on the dark web they would know straight away and block you.

I mean the security on these things these days is so up the arse anyway then what's the point in trying hide?  Surely at least not being blocked by these people would be a sensible suggestion?
Ideally, Linux should be a safer platform to keep your keys and crypto info from being stolen.
Why waste time cracking cyphers when its simpler to steal keys with RATs?
Especially on Win, where backdoors are a *feature*.
That said, I do not really trust modern Linux all that much either. Lotsa stuff written by apparent Darpa spooks.

Personally, I keep my 'private' stuff on USB drives, normally turned *off*.

Monero might be useful for the Darknet, but as soon as the gestapo sees tranches of Bitcoin converted to Monero, it will draw them like flies to merde.
Who else *needs* double super encryption, but someone with ALOT to hide.....

The only way one should beal with Darknet markets is with crypto that never sees an exchange with ANY of your real info. Especially not email. And none of that should ever be converted to fiat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bitcoin: Would you want to get paid in cryptocurrency? Scrumptious 1 17,215 Dec 27, 2017, 14:48 pm
Last Post: contrail
  Bitcoin to PayPal? hireshi 1 16,554 Jan 30, 2017, 11:56 am
Last Post: lucky80
  Big bitcoin exchange 'fixes' glitch Scrumptious 0 12,916 Feb 18, 2014, 14:30 pm
Last Post: Scrumptious