[req] MST3K 1303 stream tonight - Beyond Atlantis - new host, Emily
This is still another "backer exclusive" stream.  The rumor too is that it will be with the new host Emily.  Oh, and apparently a new voice for Crow -- even newer than the original new voices for Tom and Crow that went with Emily.  I dunno.
I've finished watching it but won't spoil anything for ya. Also, can someone please get the Mega Upload up ASAP? My Microsoft Edge froze on me and I missed the ending part of the episode.
I've seen Emily and the new bots live twice now and she's pretty good. Great energy. Mega-Synthia is a little rough tho. Still, I'm looking fwd to an actual episode of them.
Reaction are coming in, and the new crow is apparently a woman doing a cartoon kid boy voice.  That sounds terrible.  I'm not too excited to see this.
I wasn't sure what to expect but I was absolutely floored by how good the new crew is. Emily is very funny and in the host segments is a FANTASTIC actress. The new Crow voice was shocking at first but before long I was laughing my a$$ off and loved her as well. Don't listen to any static you hear on-line and watch. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.
Crow basically sounds like Bart Simpson now. Except it's a little more like the woman that does Bart Simpson's voice making less of an effort to sound male. I only caught bits and pieces of the episode--was hoping for a newly sung opening since I HATE the current version of the theme song (really hope the REAL show will have something that sucks less). I will probably wait for the rough edit without all the livestreaming stuff to watch it. The movie itself looked absolutely perfect for riffing.
MST3K - 1303 - Beyond Atlantis

*I converted the original mp4 file to an H265 mkv.

MST3K - 1303 - Beyond Atlantis - AUDIO ONLY
Thanks for posting this! Watching it now. The riffs are solid and the riffers already have good chemistry, but I still have so many gripes about this whole MST3K era. The embedded ads are just repugnant. The host segments continue to be stagnant and overwritten. The new Crow doesn't bug me (although I hope she tones down the Simpsons-esque voice going forward), but I don't understand why Joel et al. just don't add more, different robots rather than telling us that all these new voices are the same iconic characters we love.
(Apr 30, 2022, 15:21 pm)sarlacc222 Wrote: I don't understand why Joel et al. just don't add more, different robots rather than telling us that all these new voices are the same iconic characters we love.

Yes.
(Apr 30, 2022, 15:21 pm)sarlacc222 Wrote: Thanks for posting this! Watching it now. The riffs are solid and the riffers already have good chemistry, but I still have so many gripes about this whole MST3K era. The embedded ads are just repugnant. The host segments continue to be stagnant and overwritten. The new Crow doesn't bug me (although I hope she tones down the Simpsons-esque voice going forward), but I don't understand why Joel et al. just don't add more, different robots rather than telling us that all these new voices are the same iconic characters we love.

THIS! Every word of this.

However the riffs are really great this season and delivered well. And I like Team Emily. The new Crow is jarring at first, but it quickly becomes less so. Once the movie is rolling it's mostly a non-issue. She brings some fun character voices to her riff game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MST3K: Fire Maidens of Outer Space and Attack of the Eye Creatures mazzy_star 0 249 Apr 23, 2024, 16:27 pm
Last Post: mazzy_star
  New Youtube account with MST3K episodes subtitled Gordon 3 786 Apr 12, 2024, 17:34 pm
Last Post: eskaton
  REQ: MST3K Tribute to...I Accuse My Parents and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank moondoggy1111 18 9,782 Apr 07, 2024, 18:41 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  (Request) MST3K Doctor Mordrid (premiere/event) BlueThev 0 380 Apr 06, 2024, 17:35 pm
Last Post: BlueThev
  Commander USA's Groovie Movies Archive (1980s horror host) KinoQueen13 11 2,035 Feb 27, 2024, 17:43 pm
Last Post: Max Renn