question about pasworded zip
Is it possible for a passworded zip containing a pdf book is a total fake with no password. I downloaded one and am trying a password recovery for days with no success. i am curious as to if it really has anything at all.

if anyone knows about passworded zips and how they work please post
It's not just possible it's virtually guaranteed.

Where did you download it from?
(Dec 23, 2013, 06:34 am)NIK Wrote: It's not just possible it's virtually guaranteed.

Where did you download it from?
cannot remember now.It was looking to do a survey for the password. I would not do those as they are fakes but thought it would be interesting to try to find the password.How can it be made to ask for password if none exists? How do these fakes work
The survey makes it a 100% certainty--there is nothing in the file and the password will never be published (and it will be a very long random string so that nobody can ever bruteforce it).

They do it that way so that nobody can ever post the password/definitive proof of the fakery online where it might show up in the search results that they rely on to lure people to their scam sites.
(Dec 23, 2013, 06:49 am)NIK Wrote: The survey makes it a 100% certainty--there is nothing in the file and the password will never be published (and it will be a very long random string so that nobody can ever bruteforce it).
ok thanks. how come when you mouse over it it shows 17 MB for size of file?
Quote:They do it that way so that nobody can ever post the password/definitive proof of the fakery online where it might show up in the search results that they rely on to lure people to their scam sites.
ok i thought there may be a password
Obviously there is something in the file, it just isn't what the name of the file suggests. It could be literally anything but who gives a fuck since you're never going to know.

Of course there is a fucking password but, again, who gives a fuck because you're never going to find out what it is.

I give up. Some people are too stupid to be helped. Keep the file by all means, it's not wasting space on my hard drive, and carry on looking for the password by all means, it's not (any more of) my time you will be wasting.

I'm outta here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a question about web browser for Windows cooltwou 8 7,094 Aug 27, 2023, 08:30 am
Last Post: EddieXTC
  I have a question about Torrent program cooltwou 3 5,818 Nov 14, 2022, 10:26 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  I have a question about a document program for Windows 11 cooltwou 1 6,641 Aug 09, 2022, 23:14 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Zip files alienvirus 1 6,627 Jul 25, 2022, 14:43 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  I have a question about program for Windows cooltwou 2 7,939 Jun 30, 2022, 13:39 pm
Last Post: cooltwou