is removing trackers safer?
I recently saw a comment on a Torrentfreak article that included something like this: the way ip-collecting copyright trolls behave when they are in a torrent swarm makes it much less likely for them to connect to peers who don't have trackers in their torrents. Is it true? Is it effective?
Doubtful, and there is no way to know. If you want to protect yourself you need to use a VPN that doesn't keep logs or a seedbox.
Okay, thanks. I used to have a seedbox, but it started feeling like spending too much money for something that isn't really essential. I seed sometimes some of my torrents, but I comfort myself with the idea that they're not really popular. Although that wouldn't really be foolproof against getting caught, I suppose.
I like to use the IPFilter Updater on top of a VPN. I don't know if it helps or not, and it's probably unnecessary while having a VPN, but it's suppose to filter out fake seeders to help people without a VPN. The theory here, using it with a VPN, is to make downloads a bit more efficient.

Edit:
Come to think of it, I think I misunderstood the topic.
(Jun 02, 2018, 16:17 pm)jerrysmatrix Wrote: I like to use the IPFilter Updater on top of a VPN. I don't know if it helps or not, and it's probably unnecessary while having a VPN, but it's suppose to filter out fake seeders to help people without a VPN. The theory here, using it with a VPN, is to make downloads a bit more efficient.

Edit:
Come to think of it, I think I misunderstood the topic.

You did misunderstand, and filters don't work. I mean, they do work in blocking connections to those IP addresses, but they are guaranteed to be blocking legit address as well as allowing malicious addresses.

To the original question, trackers are certainly a quick and easy way to harvest active IP addresses. There is no harm in removing trackers before starting a torrent. I wouldn't count on that to avoid getting notices though.
Removing trackers in no way
makes anything 'safer'.

You get notices from your isp. Your isp doesn't give a shit what trackers you use.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Safer choice of Domain? hireshi 1 14,873 Aug 19, 2016, 01:55 am
Last Post: Aaron.Walkhouse