bittorrent write to disk error
ive just had to reinstall windows and then the bittorrent client ( same as utorrent) then i got same torrents id not completed and save them to same folders as before and they do start but after a minute some of them say " error access is denied"( write to disk )

why does that happen and can we fix it ?
im using bittorent client version 7.8.2
check the folder's permissions.
you mean like these steps ? http://www.wikihow.com/Change-File-Permi...-Windows-7 ok ill try that thanks

(Mar 05, 2014, 16:03 pm)stormium Wrote: check the folder's permissions.

ok those steps arnt working for 2 big film torrents im trying to get eg star wars saga 111gb and indiana jones complete 71gb,
i open a 4tb harddrive i use and right click a folder called films then i left click properties , then i left click security tab , then i see it says to change permissions click edit so i did

permissions for creator owner i then check allow full control and that then checks off all other boxes as allow then i click apply and then ok , ill come back to say if that fixes this annoying issue

ok thats not fixed it ! have i done any step wrong ? i need detailed steps thanks

just found this http://www.bittorrent.com/help/manual/faq06 relevant part says..In the torrent job status, I get "Error: Access Denied" and BitTorrent halts the torrent job

Make sure you are not using a misconfigured incompatible software that can cause file access issues. If you are not, then make sure you have the right credentials to be using the target file and/or (containing) directory.

On some systems, Windows Explorer may attempt to preview media files when you are browsing the containing directory for the files. If this happens while BitTorrent is attempting to write to the file, then BitTorrent won't be able to access the file, and accordingly, it will throw this error message. To prevent this from happening, make sure you don't view the folder in "Thumbnail" or "Filmstrip" mode. Additionally, you may want to consider unregistering the shell media file property extractor in Windows by visiting "Start" > "Run" (or by pressing Windows+R on the keyboard), typing regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll into the "Open" field, and pressing "OK."

do you think i need to do this.. "Start" > "Run" (or by pressing Windows+R on the keyboard), typing regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll into the "Open" field, and pressing "OK." ????
Please see if this helps. Specifically the last answer in the page by 'Araknus'. The steps given are precise.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...cb11c191f4

I once had a similar problem when reinstalling Win XP. I did it the hard way through safe mode. Now I know better.
It is just a matter of changing ownership and file permissions (RW) for the full folder (including sub-folders). At least so I think :-)

Aside: If you google for "windows equivalent of 'chown' and 'chmod' " those tools might simplify your job. But the above method is just fine.
edit: my post was stupid, so i deleted it.
thanks the reply you refer me too is .. Araknus ..

The easiest way I found for solving this:

Step 1: take ownership of all files in the hard drive

- execute this on the command line:

X:\> takeown /R /F * /D Y

(where X: is the drive you want to fix permissions for)

Step 2: change the permissions of all files in the drive, giving full access to the current user and the administrator

- right click on the drive

- select security tab & click advanced

- click change permissions and add full control to the current user and administrator and system, for example. Remember to select Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object.

- go to Owner and change it to be SYSTEM instead of current user. Remember to select Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.

That's all. All folders have now the same inherited permission from the 'data' drive/partition.

i (zeitgeistman) opened a command line , for how to do that see http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/947...rompt.html but when i replace the x with e or E and then copy n paste the rest eg E:\> takeown /R /F * /D Y and press enter it then says 'E:\ ' is not recognisable as an internal or external command , operable program or batch file

so thats not working for me ! , even though the torrents are massive i may just delete them and start them again in a new folder, ive no idea why windows is being such a pain in the ass and it would happen to huge torrents !

thanks any1 that trys to solve this

(Mar 06, 2014, 00:10 am)SectorVector Wrote: Please see if this helps. Specifically the last answer in the page by 'Araknus'. The steps given are precise.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...cb11c191f4

I once had a similar problem when reinstalling Win XP. I did it the hard way through safe mode. Now I know better.
It is just a matter of changing ownership and file permissions (RW) for the full folder (including sub-folders). At least so I think :-)

Aside: If you google for "windows equivalent of 'chown' and 'chmod' " those tools might simplify your job. But the above method is just fine.
OMG. You did not type 'E:\ takeown' on the command line did you.
Short answer. Type only the stuff after the X:\>
E:\> or X:\> etc is the shell prompt.
You shouldn't type that.

Long answer

Another simple method you can try is to 'relocate' the files through utorrent to a different location. I _think_ it will reset file permissions/ownership. After that try restarting torrent.
Last post here: http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/migrate
Edit: I _think_ for step 2 in above post you need to copy the files entirely to a new folder. Just moving may not work. This copying could take a while considering your file sizes. So this is proly ok only for small torrents.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ae cracked plugins error ΛПƬIᄃ DΛПK 1 3,367 Jun 01, 2023, 08:32 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Getting error on all downloads Robert4578 2 5,947 Nov 22, 2022, 21:35 pm
Last Post: Robert4578
  Koinonein BitTorrent Client koinonein 2 47,802 Jul 10, 2022, 18:05 pm
Last Post: ibay770
  Do you write a diary / Journal? Cov 14 40,299 Sep 09, 2020, 19:45 pm
Last Post: RipSHA1
  Torrents won't download in uTorrent or BitTorrent HenryCan 7 20,914 Jul 14, 2020, 16:46 pm
Last Post: BigDadE