(Aug 20, 2016, 22:21 pm)Sid Wrote:
(Aug 20, 2016, 14:33 pm)LZA Wrote: is it something as simple as : you didn't wanna be "that douche" without an avatar

Dodgy

"Ban me now" pleas aside, it's actually a good question.

(Aug 20, 2016, 14:33 pm)LZA Wrote: Even more so than the content of the message, emphasis is given to the avatar[/i].

That is precisely the reason I don't have an avatar. The only thing I want people paying attention to is the content of the message.

Personally I think that is (or, rather, could be) one of the greatest things about the Internet--who you are is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you're black/white, male/female, young/old, ugly-as-sin/drop-dead-gorgeous. Or whether you're a comic book fan a Metallica lover, or whatever. The only thing you should be judged on is what you contribute.

If I had my way, avatars would follow sigs into the dustbin.

Interesting point... Thanks for the comment. See, I was looking at it from the view of "I'm gonna be a poster and I want people to think such about me" .. But your point about just the content makes me think, maybe it's more of a fun, gimmicky than a serious thing. I also know the content is more than than the picture. Case in point: The swastika was a sign for peace. But Hitler bastardized it into something forever evil... Ya maybe I put too much emphasis on the avatar...

(Aug 21, 2016, 06:23 am)joew771 Wrote: Sid, you had an avatar for a long time, it was silly, but who cares.

Avatars are meaningless. They may give a minor insight into the actual person, but probably not.

For instance, LZA had superman as an avatar. There is noone more unlike superman than that.

See, because I had a powerlifting background, people called me Superman in my 20-30's my early years, I used to run around with a towel as a cape and kids would say " who do you think you are, Superman?"
To properly illustrate me in reality, mental issues, and all the good stuff, I pick Superman with angry or crazy looks on his face. That's who I think I am... really, That's why I so APPRECIATE that in this cloaked world, I can tell you a metaphor of myself through an avatar.
That's why I have superman... The content must be thought of in a way (to you JoeW) that you think i'm not like Superman. I respect your opinion.

Your avatar, JoeW is interesting.. it Definitely compliments the "I don't give a fuck" attitude you try to display, so you put some merit into it too I'm guessing...
My avatar is just a guy I like from some anime series, I feel a bit identified with is personality.
It don't really matter, does it?
(Aug 28, 2016, 13:27 pm)Killua Wrote: My avatar is just a guy I like from some anime series, I feel a bit identified with is personality.

Agree, I won't use an avatar I can't identify with...

(Aug 29, 2016, 09:59 am)hypno-potamous Wrote: It don't really matter, does it?

Not at all. I was just taking a pulse poll to see what people thought. A lot of people don't feel it necessary or care what their avatar is.. I love Superman... Ever since I was a kid... Superman and Batman... Also, whatever I'm into at the time... but to answer your question, no... My current avatar Swarzenegger playing a violin with a wig saying "ill be Bach" represents my sense of humor... 

It only matters if the person choosing believes it matters, if the person selecting don't care, then it doesn't matter at all.
hehe, stare into my avatar...
I got banned on another site for using someone else's avatar because they complained I just grabbed it from Google.

Go figure  Huh
(Aug 31, 2016, 06:31 am)snilloc Wrote: I got banned on another site for using someone else's avatar because they complained I just grabbed it from Google.

Go figure  Huh

well, that seems to be the most pathetic reason to ban someone. What site that was? care to share the name?
(Aug 31, 2016, 06:31 am)snilloc Wrote: I got banned on another site for using someone else's avatar because they complained I just grabbed it from Google.

Go figure  Huh

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Is it the same website I'm bermabanned from? Retard Central must have banned all IP's in Connecticut... I triued to view as a guest from multiple computers...

Think of the hypocritical view and retaritidy (I made that word up)...: IF, it was a website that is a so called pirate friendly site, then they are assholes, since they approve of stealing data by torrenting, but not borrowing a avatar off Google??? I can see if it a regular website that doesn't promote or approve of illegal crap, but I think I know where you were banned... Tell me if I'm wrong, and I'll eat my words. But even then, it's BS!! I can be banned from the same thing, Superman is not mine exclusively....
(Aug 31, 2016, 08:45 am)Horisarte Wrote:

Go figure  Huh

well, that seems to be the most pathetic reason to ban someone. What site that was? care to share the name?
Agree, Please let us know where this is from... It's not like you are making $$$ off of it...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halloween avatars... BigDadE 5 12,371 Oct 29, 2020, 06:16 am
Last Post: dueda