Xbox controller compatibilty
Hey y'all, I have a question about Xbox controllers. I have a late 2008 mac, and with an Xbox 360 driver (found here: https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/#about), I am able to use a borrowed 360 controller with my emulator. Has anyone else used that driver with 3rd party contollers? I am asking because I am borrowing a 360 contoller, and don't want to spend the money on a new controller, but rather a 3rd party one for a third of the price. I did read about using 3rd party contollers on the website, and was able to find two different ones on Amazon UK that will ship here to Lithuania, so I will most likely order one of those. But I thought if someone else has had good luck with another, then I might give it a go. Thanks in advance for the help!!
From the Github you mentioned:

Controller support includes ALL devices that work with an Xbox series piece of hardware. All wheels, fight sticks, and controllers should work. This includes things like the Xbox One Elite controller. If your hardware does not work with an Xbox console we cannot support it. Sorry.

AFAIK, most (means almost all) controller clones and cheapos will be compatible with the MS-licensed XB/360 controllers.
If not, they wouldn't sell; as far you keep it wired USB, there SHOULDN'T be a problem, but there're too many makers and models around the world to say for sure.

PS: Controllers are on demand anywhere in the world, can't you find a seller there? If it doesn't work, returning it will take time and money.
(Jun 25, 2019, 20:08 pm)dueda Wrote: From the Github you mentioned:

Controller support includes ALL devices that work with an Xbox series piece of hardware. All wheels, fight sticks, and controllers should work. This includes things like the Xbox One Elite controller. If your hardware does not work with an Xbox console we cannot support it. Sorry.

AFAIK, most (means almost all) controller clones and cheapos will be compatible with the MS-licensed XB/360 controllers.
If not, they wouldn't sell; as far you keep it wired USB, there SHOULDN'T be a problem, but there're too many makers and models around the world to say for sure.

PS: Controllers are on demand anywhere in the world, can't you find a seller there? If it doesn't work, returning it will take time and money.
Dude, you are awesome!! I completely missed that, thanks!! I had a conversation with a guy at a small computerish store here, and he kept on telling me that 3rd party contollers wouldn't work cause they are hardwired differently. I told him they should because if they were written/wired to work an an Xbox 360, then in theory the drivers should recognize it (why wouldn't they, as an Xbox 360 console would). Thanks again for noticing what I didn't!! I'll stick with a cheep one that has good reviews. Again, thanks!

Edit: I just read the "About" page again, and I found that little paragraph in about three seconds. Sometimes my brain doesn't work Wink
Welcome! And don't worry, sometimes the information we need don't catch the eyes.
Thanks again dueda for the help! I ordered a PDP Afterglow controller for Xbox 360. It came in today, and works beautilfully on my computer with the drivers. All I had to do was click the option for it to pretend the controller is an Xbox 360 controller. Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which XBOX 360 Call of Duty games do not require online activation at first run? RobertX 1 5,956 Jun 30, 2023, 03:10 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Can Banned XBOX 360s Still Play on System Link RobertX 1 6,995 Nov 26, 2022, 18:56 pm
Last Post: Reddy
  XBOX 360 Hardware Failing RobertX 9 30,504 Apr 24, 2021, 17:14 pm
  What are some XBLA games that you play on the XBOX 360? RobertX 0 14,286 Jan 02, 2021, 22:34 pm
  Xbox 360 ISO files cooltwou 4 16,311 Nov 29, 2020, 14:13 pm
Last Post: cooltwou