Wow I just rediscovered the library!
My fiancee is a librarian and there's some issues about us being left alone together. So I started hanging out with her at the end of her shift at the library.

Wow the library is super cool!!!

It's not just the books that get me excited. (But I have to admit that there's some real lost knowledge that just rocks in those books) There's everything from films, to music, to old newspapers, to old magazines, to language learning materials.

What's more it's available in all kinds of media formats!

With my library card and a safety deposit, I was able to bring home an old 16mm projector from the library. Plus a full 16mm copy of the films Shaft, House of Wax(vincent price) and the Wizard of Oz. I put a bed sheet up on my wall and enjoyed the experience because it's just too cool!

Ok I'm weird because no one else is into old movies like I am. But just the same there's still alot of modern materials at the library. And I recommend everyone take a cruise by their local branch.

// This public service annoncement was not paid for by the Library of congress. Big Grin

PS. I'm only 27
I discovered the library a long time ago. Big Grin

It's the source of my movie collection; it became that when my ISP kept bugging me about my downloading movies. Fuckers. Well, everything I can't get online, I get from the library. Anything I can't get from the library, though an impossible case, seeing that it has a wide collection, I get online.

To the folks that are like me, with a slow, constantly-dropping, and capped connection, get Handbrake and a library card.
(Dec 13, 2013, 04:06 am)Vintage television Wrote: Wow the library is super cool!!!

Yep. Great food for the mind Smile

(Dec 13, 2013, 18:38 pm)RobertX Wrote: To the folks that are like me, with a slow, constantly-dropping, and capped connection, get Handbrake and a library card.

You read my mind RX
What's a library? You mean that section on my calibre?

Yeah, I still go to the library too. It's nice to sit there and read once in a while.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just how good is a VPN at hiding your identity? Ladyanne3 21 17,701 Aug 22, 2022, 18:25 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Just thought I'd share this since some guy on reddit says he can't ioio32l 2 14,689 Aug 06, 2021, 19:46 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Just My Opinion QiikSand 24 29,750 May 16, 2020, 04:37 am
Last Post: QiikSand
  Just My Thoughts Medbay 4 12,461 Nov 30, 2019, 17:37 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Wow what a speach! (Climate change) soulcity 38 49,358 Nov 16, 2019, 17:59 pm
Last Post: waregim