Win/client crash - Lost all data in torrents
Maybe change torrent clients to something more stable like qBittorrent.
(Jun 05, 2018, 19:52 pm)contrail Wrote: Maybe change torrent clients to something more stable like qBittorrent.

Definitely a sound advice. qBT has a slow development (guess only one guy stick with it) but is a simpler program.
I recently started using it alongside Tixati and was thinking on the migration process. Guess now I'll try it alongside Tribbler.
(Jun 05, 2018, 20:05 pm)dueda Wrote:
(Jun 05, 2018, 19:52 pm)contrail Wrote: Maybe change torrent clients to something more stable like qBittorrent.

Definitely a sound advice. qBT has a slow development (guess only one guy stick with it) but is a simpler program.
I recently started using it alongside Tixati and was thinking on the migration process. Guess now I'll try it alongside Tribbler.

Were you using uTorrent? If so, what version? I've read here that the newest version is not as good as version 2.2.1...
Stick to qBT or deluge. Never trust closed source software
i keep my stuff on 8TB external drives these days. they should last for at least 15 years, but if you are storing documents or rare videos you really care about, keep at least 1 backup on another disk source.

i've never heard of that happening though, files/folders just vanishing. it sounded more like it became corrupted. but if you were able to reformat the drive you might want to check it with CrystalDiskInfo. this will tell you immediately if the drive is dying or has issues.
I use Transmission.

No frills and pretty much has different versions for most major platforms, including Windows.

Of course, I'm a minimalist, so I do things that way.

www.transmissionbt.com

EDIT: dueda, if I remember correctly, you might have said that the files in your torrent directly were destroyed. Sometimes I fuck up by accidentally deleting the files when I need to remove the torrent for some purpose. Just remember to look before you delete anything. This advice may sound useless at first, but it's these little things that can fuck you up.

Hope this helps.
(Jun 05, 2018, 20:14 pm)LZA Wrote: Were you using uTorrent? If so, what version?   I've read here that the newest version is not as good as version 2.2.1...

No, Tixati 2.56/ 2.57 was maxing my CPU use. Was also doing qBT at the same time on a few torrents for a test.
Guess they didn't get along well or, more probable, "something" messed with my system.

(Jun 05, 2018, 20:21 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: Stick to qBT or deluge. Never trust closed source software

Guess qBT is a good choice. Simple and to the point.

(Jun 06, 2018, 00:04 am)shirepirate Wrote: i keep my stuff on 8TB external drives these days. they should last for at least 15 years, but if you are storing documents or rare videos you really care about, keep at least 1 backup on another disk source.

i've never heard of that happening though, files/folders just vanishing. it sounded more like it became corrupted. but if you were able to reformat the drive you might want to check it with CrystalDiskInfo. this will tell you immediately if the drive is dying or has issues.

I was about to get a caddy and mount the 1TB drive I still have as backup for my favorites, but it got me first.

Point is, I had a folder called Torrent, with two sub-folders within: Partial and Ready.
Inside those all torrented material was in category folders (movie, music, game, etc).
One day, after Tixati hang for long, I shut down and the tree went down just to the category folders, with nothing inside.
System reported the drive was using terabytes, just the files weren't to be found. Possible ransomware or a nasty bug, no idea.

(Jun 06, 2018, 03:07 am)RobertX Wrote: I use Transmission.

No frills and pretty much has different versions for most major platforms, including Windows.
Of course, I'm a minimalist, so I do things that way.

www.transmissionbt.com

EDIT: dueda, if I remember correctly, you might have said that the files in your torrent directly were destroyed. Sometimes I fuck up by accidentally deleting the files when I need to remove the torrent for some purpose. Just remember to look before you delete anything. This advice may sound useless at first, but it's these little things that can fuck you up.

Hope this helps.

Lol It could be possible with one folder, but impossible to accidentally delete all content of one folder, then move to the next, do it again, then move to another one, and so on, for eight different folders where my torrents were, and yet move to the partial download folder and delete all it's content, too.
Someone or something did this, but not me. #HateHack
Apologies, I withdraw my observations. Big Grin
You are screwed. You can try to blame it on me or whatever, but it's your idiotic fault. Dipshit.
(Jun 06, 2018, 23:33 pm)RobertX Wrote: Apologies, I withdraw my observations. Big Grin

Far from needed, I understand it is a process of exclusion.

(Jun 07, 2018, 06:06 am)joew771 Wrote: You are screwed. You can try to blame it on me or whatever, but it's your idiotic fault. Dipshit.

Screwd, royally. My fault, maybe. Deep sheet... sounds more like your lovely poems. Smile)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Win 7 dying, such a sad day :( 59465 only finds 47 torrents in dht search ID10TError 27 38,799 Feb 15, 2024, 16:12 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  How do I install Torrents in Win 11 + Bitdefender ? FloodTheWaves 0 7,797 Feb 14, 2022, 20:30 pm
Last Post: FloodTheWaves
  EA data leak (751GB) JC-4002 2 13,545 Aug 03, 2021, 19:59 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  My uTorrent client doesn't get launched, when I choose a torrent on thePirateBay SarasotaSlim 2 10,960 Feb 15, 2020, 09:41 am
Last Post: SarasotaSlim
  While dumpster diving I found a laptop with Win XP soulcity 9 16,131 Aug 06, 2019, 17:56 pm
Last Post: soulcity