Which country will you prefer to live.
(Oct 02, 2014, 22:53 pm)Picklock Wrote:
(Oct 02, 2014, 22:00 pm)RobertX Wrote: snilloc, what do the English people think about paying your hard-earned taxes to the "Royal" Family?

ask the Scottish
snilly say "NO, Thank you"
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Hadrian's Wall was built for a reason, it now clearly defines England (the cool side) and Scotland (the other side) Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Joking aside the UK is a beautiful place comprising for those who don't know of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. All have good parts and we all believe our bit is the best.

*snilliy's mother-in-law is Scottish and I like her. Tongue
the US or maybe sweden
the "World" actually a combinations of lands without any borders
then someone put fences around their own yards, claiming to be the baddest, greatest, best among all lands and others lands are drawback retarded and UN-civilized peoples
promoting through cultures and displaying it on global scale propaganda that tempt other to enter their lands
thus makes some desired to reform their own without knowing what they're really had.
the neighbor grass is greener that's why most earthlings freeloader prefer just to run away from what their born with and desired other peoples land rather than mowing their own lands to be at least nicer.
I would like to go to the land down under Australia
(Oct 03, 2014, 19:48 pm)ba567 Wrote: I would like to go to the land down under Australia

Back in the day you could have been a "Ten Pound Pom" Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Created in 1945 during the government of Ben Chifley as part of the "Populate or Perish" policy by the first Minister for Immigration, Arthur Calwell, the scheme was designed to substantially increase the population of Australia and to supply workers for the country's booming industries. In return for subsidising the cost of travelling to Australia—adult migrants were charged only ten pounds sterling for the fare (hence the name; in 1945 pounds, equivalent to £377 in 2014), and children were allowed to travel for free—the Government promised employment prospects, housing and a generally more optimistic lifestyle. However, on arrival, migrants were placed in basic hostels and the expected job opportunities were not always readily available.[2] It was a follow-on to the unofficial Big Brother Movement and attracted over one million migrants from the British Isles between 1945 and 1972, representing the last substantial scheme for preferential migration from the British Isles to Australia.[3] In 1957, more migrants were encouraged to travel following a campaign called "Bring out a Briton". Coming to an end in 1982,[4] the scheme reached its peak in 1969; during this year over 80,000 migrants took advantage of the scheme.[5] The cost to migrants of the assisted passage was increased to £75 in 1973 (equivalent to £791 in 2014).[2]

While the term "Ten Pound Pom" is in common use, the scheme was not limited to just migrants from the United Kingdom. Persons born in the Irish Free State or in the southern counties of Ireland prior to the establishment of the Republic of Ireland in 1949 were also classified as British subjects.[6] In fact most British subjects were eligible and, at the time, that included not only those from the British Isles but also residents of British colonies such as Malta and Cyprus. Australia also operated schemes to assist selected migrants from other countries, notably the Netherlands (1951), Italy (1951), Greece (1952), West Germany (1952), and Turkey (1967).[7]

Assisted migrants were generally obliged to remain in Australia for two years after arrival, or alternatively refund the cost of their assisted passage. If they chose to travel back to Britain, the cost of the journey was at least £120 (in 1945 pounds, equivalent to £4,518 in 2014), a large sum in those days and one that most could not afford.[4] It was also possible for many British persons to migrate to Australia on a non-assisted basis before the early 1970s, although most travelled as Ten Pounders. This was part of the wider White Australia Policy. A quarter of British migrants chose to return to the UK but half of these—the so-called "Boomerang Poms"—returned to Australia.[4]

Before 1 December 1973, migrants to Australia from Commonwealth countries were eligible to apply for Australian citizenship after one year's residence in Australia. In 1973 the residence requirement was extended to three years, then reduced to two years in November 1984. However, relatively few British migrants—compared to other postwar arrivals, such as Italians, Greeks, and Turks—took up Australian citizenship. Consequently, many lost their Australian resident status later on, usually through leaving Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Pound_Poms
and now...
the Aussies pushed any immigrant insight away..with ramming boats
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

edit:
dark skinned non western immigrant I mean..
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Hawaii Heart

[Image: hawaii-01.jpg]
hawaii? not a country... yet.

as for myself... i'm thinking: mexico - that way, if trump gets elected president, hey... at least there will be a big ass wall between us.
My wife and I have both always fancied New Zealand.  Beautiful country, beautiful people (especially the natives, imo), nice weather, not absolutely terrible employment options, not quite as many uber-rednecks as Australia...  And no one has any reason to nuke the place Tongue .

That said, we just moved to the Seattle, Washington area (in the US) from Maryland, and it was most definitely an upgrade!

It's a total non sequitur, but it's often very funny, when people from other countries come to visit, because they almost never truly grasp the scale of the country.  This was (nearly verbatim, but it's been years) an actual conversation snippet:
Them: "Oh, we were planning on visiting DC, then New York, then Boston, and maybe a side trip to Miami somewhere in the middle."
Me: "Not over ONE WEEKEND, you're not!" Big Grin  ...
Canada

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell me which phone out of these would you choose? VantaBlac 2 5,205 Feb 10, 2023, 11:37 am
Last Post: VantaBlac
  You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it. vonRicht 97 147,859 Feb 23, 2021, 16:47 pm
Last Post: dueda
  If You Live in the USA QiikSand 46 59,044 Jul 26, 2020, 00:13 am
Last Post: QiikSand
  Post Your Favourite LIVE Stream RobertX 0 10,431 Aug 23, 2019, 22:39 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Free Live TV? lahara 12 28,083 Dec 04, 2018, 11:28 am
Last Post: reonk