What to do with a Chrome HTML document
I hope I am in the right place for this.  I don't have a site issue but I do I have a question.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with a Chrome HTML document.  I'm specifically talking about ebooks.  I've gone around in circles trying to figure out how to get to the actual book file to transfer to my ereader or to Calibre.  I would very much appreciate a step by explanation.  I guess a lot of you guys are experts at this stuff.  I'm not yet.  Thanks a lot. If this is in the wrong place, please let me know.
A Chrome HTML document, I think, is the same as any HTML document. It's called that because Chrome is the default program in your computer to run HTML files.

Is it possible to just open it using Chrome?
(Jun 23, 2019, 02:44 am)RobertX Wrote: A Chrome HTML document, I think, is the same as any HTML document. It's called that because Chrome is the default program in your computer to run HTML files.

Is it possible to just open it using Chrome?
That opens the book, and I can read it on my computer, online.  But I'd like to put it on my e reader, so I need the file so that I can transfer it.  Is that just not possible, so that I actually do need to read it on my laptop?  I have a torrent with 100+ books in it, but most of them are these Chrome HTML's.  I don't really see the point of making it that kind of file in the first place.  I'm used to epub's and .mobi's, and occasionally PDF's.  All are easily transferred to Calibre, then I convert them if necessary, then move them to the e reader.

I think I have figured it out, using what you've said and what another friend said. I just dragged the HTML to Calibre and converted it to an epub, which, if it works, is the very easiest thing I could have done. I just assumed an HTML was something different and strange. Thank you for your assistance!
I don't know how you can find my "advice," to be useful, but congratulations on making it work! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a question about a document program for Windows 11 cooltwou 1 6,638 Aug 09, 2022, 23:14 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Software-PDF what is seen and unseen when sending a document to someone mm22005 2 11,427 Jan 12, 2020, 00:52 am
  Working long lasting VPN for Safari or Chrome Scooters 18 34,756 Dec 05, 2017, 15:33 pm
Last Post: Scooters
  Chrome based browser issue on Windows XP while opening thepiratebay feeldabyte 1 11,152 Dec 01, 2015, 05:28 am
Last Post: dolly_cat
  How to make Libreoffice 5 display two or more pages of a document RobertX 0 9,028 Aug 29, 2015, 18:34 pm