What's a good way to host files on a home website
I have a plan to offer a large collection of files I have as an archive of sorts. I don't want my ISP to get mad at me for causing too much traffic (archive is about 2.5 TB big right now) so I was planning on using torrents to help lighten the load, with a more organized approach over TPB's search engine approach. Any better way of doing this?
I wouldn't even try. Residential ISPs aren't going to take kindly to receiving DMCA notices for content hosted on their networks.

Breaking your content down into multiple torrents and uploading them to a few different torrent indexes in addition to TPB will get your content out there. So long as the hash remains unchanged, it doesn't really matter what index users find it from.
(Jun 17, 2020, 17:48 pm)Moe Wrote: I wouldn't even try.  Residential ISPs aren't going to take kindly to receiving DMCA notices for content hosted on their networks.

Breaking your content down into multiple torrents and uploading them to a few different torrent indexes in addition to TPB will get your content out there.  So long as the hash remains unchanged, it doesn't really matter what index users find it from.
I'm making sure everything I host is in public domain and legal for me to be hosting. Does that change things?
Sure. If you can demonstrate that with certainty. It is possible that hosting files might violate the TOS of your service, but they generally aren't looking unless someone says something.

Still though, I'm not sure what advantage there is to hosting your own torrent index. Either way, I would still upload the torrents to a few big indexes to get it out there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Offline Bay - a decentralized torrent website TheOfflineBayProject 17 65,496 Nov 20, 2022, 10:44 am
Last Post: daf0x
  Where can I make my own website? WhySoCold 2 12,227 May 30, 2022, 03:32 am
Last Post: WhySoCold
  Regarding to Purpose for .class files in Java ankitdixit 1 10,548 Mar 10, 2022, 14:26 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Tips for making a website resilient to take down d3ss0505 5 33,554 Apr 08, 2021, 09:54 am
Last Post: ill88eagle
  What's the best way to help people and increase my experience? RobertX 9 38,540 Mar 09, 2020, 04:54 am
Last Post: rodfarrelly