What's TPB's endgame?
With technology and governments changing I see two paths that this could go. The first path is with technology changing TPB's existence because inevitable and will forever exist. The second path is changing laws making it easier to subpoena ICP's leading to increased arrests of the pirates/up-loaders and the inevitable shut down of piracy. I have no clue what's going behind the curtain with TPB, any knows any TF article that sheds light on whats happening and the risks behind it, please let me know.

My question is what do you think will happen 5 or 10 years from now. Will Winston still be around? Will Medbay be a site Admin (probably)? Will the site be gone? Will the TPB be dead of new genuine torrents and only be maintained by bots like TvTeam? Will there be blackmail lists of up-loaders? Will it be more or less safe to pirate? Should up-loaders leave now before it becomes too challenging to maintain anonymity? What do you think will happen?
You make this sound way more complex than it is.

TPB exists and thrives because censorship exists. Piracy is a response to censorship.

The idea is not new, and solutions existed before and will exist after TPB. Bittorrent is one brick in that long road. Getting free content is just a side benefit.
The biggest threat I see is the balkanization of the internet.
Russia is already planning to completely block external connections. China would be next. Talking about something more restrictive than firewalls.
Other countries like India and the global south might follow, to at least protect their people from the raging globohomo crap that the West is spewing. At least the reason they will give.

Then, of course comes the probability of the elimination of cash, as well as the complete tracking and regulation of all cryptos. It would mean that anyone trying to fund/contribute to a warez site would be charged with aiding and abetting.

And of course they can require liscensing to use encryption, making VPNs only legal for korporate use. And outlawing TOR nodes.

I would expect the CIA to do a major false flag like hacking a hydroelectric dam to flood or shut down. Had practice in Venezuela. If they do it here, will be used as an excuse to criminalize any attempt to avoid surveillance.
(Mar 29, 2020, 15:49 pm)waregim Wrote: I would expect the CIA to do a major false flag like hacking a hydroelectric dam to flood or shut down.

I think your tin foil hat is on too tight.

Also has nothing to do with TPB's endgame, which is the original question.