What is life in prison like
(Jun 26, 2018, 08:24 am)dueda Wrote: Deviant individual. By which/whose perspective? By educating I meant that there's a parallel. Society is oppressive, even without the institutional level.

From birth, we're inclined to imitation, we're taught by parents from hand-eye coordination to face expression, from talking to analysing, from reacting to interacting to thinking.

We're educated. We're told how to behave. If we fail to comply, there're correcting measures - rewards and punishments. So, jail (or prison) is not just an isolation device - It serves a purpose, and has complex mechanisms in place, both official, regulated and sanctioned by whoever rules any system level, and unnofficial.

But, as I see it, we're way past just punishment (which, btw, would me meaningless), and the education (ideology pushing) is also over the reinserction point. It is a not-so-subtle way to tell the deviants

"this is how the world works, there's always a bully who forces you to do as he says so, and not contest/dissent/whatever".
"That, or your ass, wich is ours btw, will be raped", or in school terms, "your milk chocolat will be taken."

So screw the institutions, governments, and the distorted/perverted educating system. And most of all, screw legalese, advocacy (gay neologism) and DoJ.

Also I know there's a criminal dissemination inside prison, but that's out of my scope, enough saying one can find it out of jail too, on the streets or even in school.

I'm not really sure where you're getting at here, but it seems to have an anarchist undertone. Which I feel is an extreme suggestion to a lesser problem. I understand innocent (or less than deserving people) sometimes find themselves in prison; the whole idea is to not go to prison. The biggest problem I see with (first world) society is not the prison system, and it's not the oppression. It's the fact that people are getting dumber and dumber. What should be considered common sense isn't so common anymore. Now we have to have laws to enforce it. For example, we had to make it illegal not talk on your phone while driving, and then the very next year, we had to expand that law to make it illegal not to text and drive. That was a result of dumbass people thinking that they were so smart to bypass the talking law, by texting instead. I mean, "fuck everyone else on the road and their safety," right? "I just want to prove how smart and what a rebel I am, because I'm edgy and fuck society." Even though that cell phone, car, or road wouldn't be possible without society.

When you go to prison, you're not going because some bully-society put you there. You're going to prison, with any luck, to be reminded that you're not the center of the universe, to be taught some humility, and to have your ego knocked back a couple pegs. We all (ideally) have to follow the same rules, and likewise are exposed to the same penalties. If you don't want to play by society's rules that we all have to partake in, then why should you be invited into society?

Of course, I've only lived in the US my whole life. I can't really speak for everyone.

(Jun 26, 2018, 08:24 am)dueda Wrote: As a note: Being caught doesn't mean being a failed criminal. In fact, it's very hard not being so, as repressive as our societies. But the most dangerous criminals command wars and even seize coutries from inside prisons. Napoleon planned his come back from Elba, and he's only one example.

That's a very small exception. The majority of people in prison are (or will be) repeat offenders, and are very lousy criminals. Or are rather very stupid criminals, but there's a fine line there.

(Jun 26, 2018, 08:46 am)Mr.Masami Wrote: Well said dueda, got me wondering if mere existence of the prisons aren't proof of a failed system ? humans really can't create something better ?
We know for sure that Communism will not work, at least in the form we've seen.
Could there be a system that wouldn't create criminals ?

The fact that prisons exist is proof that the system is working. Without penalties, our laws are meaningless. Society is, by definition, law and order.

It's not society that is failing, it's human nature. There is no perfect society, no system will ever be run perfectly, there will always be exceptions, and history shows that all societies will eventually fail and fall.

We, as individuals, really run into trouble, when we have moral codes that we refuse to obey. We will justify it, and convince ourselves that what we are doing is okay. We all do it, although to different degrees. Then you start having arguments like "there is no right or wrong, it's all subjective." That is a breeding ground for mental illness. It's hypocritical, illogical, and results in just-plain dumbassery. Now as a result, we have society embracing mental illness, while dumb and wondering why there's so much mental illness induced violence going around. Right and wrong is real simple stuff, but it amazes me how far people will stretch it for their own justifications.

If you don't like society, you do have options. You can (try to) change it, find a new one, or go live in the dark ages. However, for as much as people tend to complain about society, not many people ever seem to take those options.

BTW OP is a troll.
(Jun 27, 2018, 06:36 am)jerrysmatrix Wrote: The fact that prisons exist is proof that the system is working. Without penalties, our laws are meaningless. Society is, by definition, law and order.

It's not society that is failing, it's human nature. There is no perfect society, no system will ever be run perfectly, there will always be exceptions, and history shows that all societies will eventually fail and fall.

We, as individuals, really run into trouble, when we have moral codes that we refuse to obey. We will justify it, and convince ourselves that what we are doing is okay. We all do it, although to different degrees. Then you start having arguments like "there is no right or wrong, it's all subjective." That is a breeding ground for mental illness. It's hypocritical, illogical, and results in just-plain dumbassery. Now as a result, we have society embracing mental illness, while dumb and wondering why there's so much mental illness induced violence going around. Right and wrong is real simple stuff, but it amazes me how far people will stretch it for their own justifications.

If you don't like society, you do have options. You can (try to) change it, find a new one, or go live in the dark ages. However, for as much as people tend to complain about society, not many people ever seem to take those options.

BTW OP is a troll.

Your point of view is good but can't help to notice that current system is created to "manufacture" crime.
The question is, would the governments work without the crime ? their main weapon of control was always fear.
Do we have to be threaten to be good ? fear is the mother of hatred.

Visit liveleak site and see how often USA police acts as they were Judge F Dredd in situations that in other countries would be handled without killing.
LL is a pro-cop site, you can see that 98% comments will always be protective about the "Officer", who is good and who evil now ? mob that cheers to killing of unarmed naked man on drugs by a fat cop ?
Good and Evil ? Which is which ? more like who got the most power within the current system.

We may agree and disagree to many things but in the end this whole system sucks monkey ass.

I think there is a better way but who ever invents it will sing the blues with J. Belushi

And yes, OP is a total troll. Karma will get him for making fun of the prison life.
(Jun 27, 2018, 09:18 am)Mr.Masami Wrote: Your point of view is good but can't help to notice that current system is created to "manufacture" crime.
The question is, would the governments work without the crime ? their main weapon of control was always fear.
Do we have to be threaten to be good ? fear is the mother of hatred.

Visit liveleak site and see how often USA police acts as they were Judge F Dredd in situations that in other countries would be handled without killing.
LL is a pro-cop site, you can see that 98% comments will always be protective about the "Officer", who is good and who evil now ? mob that cheers to killing of unarmed naked man on drugs by a fat cop ?
Good and Evil ? Which is which ? more like who got the most power within the current system.

We may agree and disagree to many things but in the end this whole system sucks monkey ass.

I think there is a better way but who ever invents it will sing the blues with J. Belushi

And yes, OP is a total troll. Karma will get him for making fun of the prison life.

That really doesn't make any sense. The system is created for humanity to collaborate and progress. That is why we have roads, technology, education, industries, internet, etc. We don't have those things in order to manufacture crime. Again, there are exceptions to all kinds of things, and no system is perfect. Police are no different, and not every officer is going to make the best decisions. A lot of it also goes back to their training, which is something that has already been recognized, and is in the process of changing. The last thing you want to do is damn all police, because some of them don't make the best of decisions. There's no logic or rationality in that.

It also goes along with my statement about people getting dumber. Next time you go and take some weird drug, just remember you're putting yourself in risk. Drugs are one of the things people stupidly justify and convince themselves is okay, and lose their common sense over. No it's nothing you deserve to get killed over and no I'm not defending the cop, but we forget to ask ourselves with all hypotheticals aside, should that guy have been on drugs to begin with if he can't handle his shit? It's really simple; just don't do drugs and, in most cases, life is actually a whole lot easier.

The system isn't what sucks. It's the people in and involved with the system that sucks. I believe most people these days need to take a break from the politics and bullshit around them, do some soul searching, and just work solely on themselves. Not so they figure out what it is they want, but so they can figure out what it is they can contribute. Life shouldn't be about "gimme, gimme, gimme," it should be about love, sharing, and caring. Now I'm really swaying way far off topic, but I really think selfishness is really the root to our world's problems. Prison just becomes an easy fix, for the real problems you can't fix in other people. It's all going to come tumbling down soon enough, whether or not in our life time, so you might as well make the best of it and have a good quality of life. So just fix yourself.
We are already in prison, you just don't realize it. The only free people are in jail.

[Image: 7ArWSY1.jpg]
You're wrong. I use to think just like you, but I grew out of it.
(Jun 28, 2018, 15:17 pm)jerrysmatrix Wrote: You're wrong. I use to think just like you, but I grew out of it.

The only prison we go to is the one we create in our minds.... Gotti said as he was being sent off to fed prision if he was worried, he replied "It's only a building"

Life is what you make of it. Some prisioners are happier than shit, others loather life... Same with normal people. Bums can be happier with no care, but there is someoe with everything, locked in his mental prision with no thoughts of getting out. These musicians with everything that kill themselves are not cowards. They are just anaware that they can get out of the prision of their brain.. So they breakout the only way they know how.

#allpersecptionandperspective
I understand that point, and again I use to think just like that, but let's go back to reality. Mental prison isn't really a thing. If you feel like you're in mental prison, cut the bullshit and call it for it is, if you want to fix yourself. It's called being miserable and having a poor quality of life. Prison is a penalty/punishment, were you are held against your will. It's important to know the different, because no one is stopping you from overcoming this mental prison except yourself.
One the surface, I agree. But what causes someone to live a life of crime and get locked in a physical prison is your mental state.  If you were a poor person who just fixed himself yes, he'd avoid prison. But it's the mental that says he's destined for nothing more.

Physical prison is the end result of what life really is... Lifes choices and negotiations. If your mind was right like you describe it should be, there would be no need for prisons... You say you "are held against your will", which is true as far as a circumstantial effect, but the cause is it was your will that caused you to do whatever landed you there in the first place... so in effect "you are held because of your will"
It's all really just a matter of semantics at this point.
(Jun 28, 2018, 15:17 pm)jerrysmatrix Wrote: You're wrong. I use to think just like you, but I grew out of it.

Just because you think different now than when you were young doesn't make it more right.
In fact, the younger you are the less bullshit is in your head from all the shit that surrounds you.

What you call freedom I call slavery.

Programmed masses addicted from buying things they don't need in order to feel better, working like slave from morning to pay it all and buy again.
Materialistic cunts who lie and cheat on daily basis, one big ugly bubble of fear and despair.

Race to nowhere, always in fear that someone will try to take all their slave belongings.

Is this really freedom ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. In the system we live right now we need police and rules but I would never call it freedom.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems like every generation BEFORE the boomers had class Ladyanne3 7 452 Apr 21, 2024, 06:43 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  It looks like I defeated Apple ! Ladyanne3 1 329 Apr 13, 2024, 18:55 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Do you like any celebrities? Ladyanne3 10 1,282 Mar 05, 2024, 13:04 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,833 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,675 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler