What is a cdx file and how do i extract it? :)
Helo dear people at this forum, my first post here :Smile
I downloaded the update on Vampyr (1 and 2) on tpb from dauphong, the instructions say to extract and install. But when i open the folders, the big file which should be an exe, is ".cdx" :O What is a cdx file, and how to i extract and install it? I googled, but it did not make me any wiser :O Thank you for your time, have a great day! Smile
Extension "cdx" is a media format for image file, usually goes with a "cue" file too. Kinda like an "iso" image.
You can use a free drive emulator like Daemon Tools or WinCDemu.

Such programs will open any image file as you click on them and make Windows believe theres a new (virtual) optical drive running.
Once done installing, you can "eject" (right click on the virtual drive) to free memory and release the file.

Or, you can use more complete solutions like Nero to create / edit your image files.
(Aug 04, 2018, 18:13 pm)dueda Wrote: Extension "cdx" is a media format for image file, usually goes with a "cue" file too. Kinda like an "iso" image.
You can use a free drive emulator like Daemon Tools or WinCDemu.

[snip...]

^ not in this case

It's a Game release by the scene-group Codex (hence .cdx)
The original Game .exe is renamed to .cdx (sometimes additional files too) and will be launched by a modified version (launcher exe).
Usually .cdx files go into the Game directory to replace the original for the crack to work.

Cool /BN
Thanks alot guys for your answers, very helpful, bless you Smile
Thanks for extra info too, BigNoise. Not used to that scheme!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extract game OSTs in high quality Fant0men 2 7,500 Jun 30, 2023, 01:46 am
Last Post: Fant0men
  c&c tiberium wars - long file names issue stefan999 2 13,047 Dec 22, 2021, 09:14 am
Last Post: stefan999
  Why do people extract images from games for console systems that aren't cracked yet? RobertX 7 21,317 Jun 09, 2018, 00:56 am
Last Post: RobertX
  BIN file um.... evonc95 2 13,215 Jun 11, 2017, 23:06 pm
Last Post: Q91
  Tranfering XBox 360 game file Chinaman3750 1 11,538 Jan 23, 2016, 00:00 am
Last Post: RobertX