WD HD in Seagate external enclosure
Long story short, I tried putting my 4TB WD Green HD in the enclosure that came with my Seagate expansion desk 4TB. The computer recognizes a drive is attached, but not the individual partitions. Opening the drive up in any number of partition softwares shows the entire drive as one 4TB partition, with 100% of the space used (which is incorrect, it should be something like 70% used). Any thoughts? I just bought a new external enclosure (more generic one) from Amazon but if I could save the money and use the one I own, that'd be much better.

For the record, anyone actually using that enclosure, I highly recommend you disassemble it and pull the drive out. Mine reached 55C inside there, but I pulled it out and installed it (with the SATA to USB interface) in another enclosure, one made of metal which keeps it right around 30C.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hints on external 4-6-8 TB USB drives? dueda 21 55,117 Apr 27, 2018, 11:25 am
Last Post: dueda
  I have a problem with External Hard Drive cooltwou 15 40,450 Apr 02, 2018, 07:26 am
Last Post: Sid
  Need an external player similar to Roku big_tasty_muffin 5 17,160 Jan 20, 2014, 11:47 am
Last Post: BigDogMoya