Virus Check?
Is there a way to feel fairly confident you are not getting a virus with a torrent on Pirate Bay? I thought that the skulls are only shown for users who are safe to download from but I got a virus right away from an application I tried downloading from a pink skull user, WSI. I posted it in the "Report Torrents" section but I am wondering since the skulls don't help is there any other way to know if there will be a virus or not?
statistically speaking, the effective way to make sure you will not get a computer virus is to in fact get a computer virus.

Put it this way: suppose 1 in 10 files are infected. That is a 1 to 10 probability of getting infected. If you manage to get infected first, that's a guarantee the next times you won't. think about it
(Sep 20, 2022, 15:24 pm)am a giant Wrote: statistically speaking, the effective way to make sure you will not get a computer virus is to in fact get a computer virus.

Put it this way: suppose 1 in 10 files are infected. That is a 1 to 10 probability of getting infected. If you manage to get infected first, that's a guarantee the next times you won't. think about it

Hmm, i guess i meant more along the lines of is there another symbol other than the pink skull that is more reliable or can we somehow create a list of Users who are "trusted" vs those who are sending viruses, or does the pirate bay have a system for scoring or rating users somehow based on how trusted they are.
Yes, I got very reliable trojan horse ... I lost a lot of money, be careful!!!!
There is just Pink & Green skulls. And Mods.

By and large, TPB relies on user reports to remove unsafe torrents.
Earlier when comments were open you could get a peek into whether a torrent was safe.
Mods would also act on a torrent with many complaints.

Green skulls are mostly safe. Have a look at Top 100 page.
ThumperTM and generation2 are the two i remember having good repute.
thethingy was the go-to person for Adobe stuff and even had a support page running.

Maybe others know a few more trustable uploaders.
Sometimes reading the description gives you an idea.

ps: If you are not careful 'a.a.giant' above, will sell you a virus and tell you it's good for you. :-)
Nobody cares. I just found a user uploading tons of virus, pretending to be games. I reported it in the forum but it seems that just nobody cares.
(Nov 20, 2022, 22:19 pm)DKSM1L1D12D1 Wrote: Nobody cares. I just found a user uploading tons of virus, pretending to be games. I reported it in the forum but it seems that just nobody cares.

the links you posted are not related to our site.  our address is thepiratebay.org not the one you posted.[url=https://thepiratebay.org][/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I eliminate Microsoft Account check in later Windows 10 Pro ISOs? RobertX 2 9,116 May 09, 2022, 20:29 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  request for help in identifying and removing the virus didek916 7 14,622 Mar 26, 2021, 12:09 pm
Last Post: waregim
  What anti virus is recommended nowadays? jbravo 19 23,326 May 25, 2020, 16:43 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Virus/botnet Spammers flairdevil 2 11,318 Jan 27, 2020, 07:59 am
Last Post: EddieXTC
  Virus. Classeman 9 18,709 Dec 26, 2018, 13:59 pm
Last Post: somerandomtoruser