[Unriffed] James Nguyen's Replica
(Feb 09, 2017, 17:37 pm)Tinny Tim Wrote:
(Feb 09, 2017, 13:39 pm)enyalep Wrote:
(Feb 08, 2017, 01:32 am)mst3k4ever Wrote:
(Jan 28, 2017, 20:18 pm)mentallo Wrote: Watch it before its riffed.

No Thanks.
I think it's nice that the RiffTrax guys apparently have a good relationship with Nguyen to the point that they're trying to get him a little extra money for his straight up movies, but there is no way I'm watching one of his movies unriffed.
Having said that, I do like his (riffed) movies quite a bit.  They are a perfect level of earnest cheesiness.

I've personally never understood the appeal of watching just about ANY film riffed by Rifftrax in its unriffed version, the exceptions being obvious (Casablanca etc). Guess you have to be a MUCH bigger movie fan than I am, or something. "Your movies are bad and you should feel bad!"

There are lots of us who are bad movie fans.  I owned Ed Wood's films on VHS years before MST3K was a thing. Michael Weldon's Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film was always at my TV and movie-watching side while growing up.  I saw Birdemic and The Room without RiffTrax before I saw them with.  There were/are entire film festivals and gatherings centered around bad movies, and loads of streaming sites.  Bad movies are fun.
I appreciate a bad movie for what it is...a BAD movie. And that love of bad movies came from MST3K. They exposed me to those kind of movies so that I can better appreciate them in their naked form.   But they have also tainted me in that I can't watch the ones they have done unriffed without being reminded of their riffs. I guess I can appreciate the bad ones that are not riffed because of the other ones that have been.  I can watch the bad unriffed ones that have never been blessed with riffing by the MST or Rifftrax crew and raise my eyebrows with a "huh" without their influence and then think...this movie needs to be riffed. LOL
Was just checking to see if anyone could re-up this to Mega or knows of a working link to the Unriffed version for Replica.  Thanks.
(Sep 10, 2020, 01:58 am)botez Wrote: Was just checking to see if anyone could re-up this to Mega or knows of a working link to the Unriffed version for Replica.  Thanks.

Right here:
https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Replica...ht=replica
I Like James Nguyen's stuff.

Its bad, and I think that he knows that its not great.
He's not under a powerful somewhat self delusion like Tommy.
And I dont mean that as an insult to Tommy Wiseau, its a large part of his charm.

But I think he's genuinely making a movie about his interests.
At his skill level.

Its not as magically bizarre as Tommy Wiseau,
but I think it has similar genuine intentions.

BUT one thing Nguyen DOES has a pretty good eye for,
he gets cute chicks in his movies.
He knows a hot chick when he see's one.

Whitney Moore and that Dykstra chick are special cuties IMO.
Or maybe he just has the same taste in chicks that I do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bride and the Beast unriffed audio BudgetBits 0 277 Apr 05, 2024, 20:42 pm
Last Post: BudgetBits
  Any interest in an Unriffed DVD of Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II or Werewolf? Crankwhore 7 4,537 Jul 20, 2023, 18:06 pm
Last Post: raymond marble
  Replica (fixed AR) entaled 8 6,868 May 06, 2023, 20:03 pm
Last Post: diadra_u
  (REQ) Replica KinoQueen13 2 5,150 Mar 27, 2023, 18:30 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  Split Second (1992) [Uncut] [Unriffed] [BluRay Rip] kkt 3 5,935 Sep 13, 2022, 23:26 pm
Last Post: jhs39