Unironcally Good B-movies
A lot of my enjoyment from mst3k/rifftrax is when i actually do indeed LIKE the movie they're on.
so i like watching it and hearing the riffs, liking both simultaneously.

Stone Cold comes to mind, that was a standard cop movie for its time, good helicopter stunts (suck it Blue Thunder) ... 
Future forces, Deadly prey .... this is the stuff i grew up on renting VHS tapes from the mom&pop video store ... 
then the early 90s direct to video movies like Cyber Tracker, kung fu movies with Cynthia Rothrock etc

ah, nostalgia...

Please post your favorite unironically good/bads Smile
[Edited: Totally misunderstood the question!]

Boggy Creek 2 tops my list. The seriousness it takes itself makes it all that much funnier.
I really like R.O.T.O.R and like the end song..

But I can't take most of MST2k's films seriously..
LOVE Stone Cold!! Now if only they'd do another chesserific film from that era: Cobra, with Stallone.
(Jul 12, 2021, 02:06 am)knowMATTER Wrote: LOVE Stone Cold!! Now if only they'd do another chesserific film from that era: Cobra, with Stallone.

I love Cobra, and my fave bit of Cobra trivia is that it was based on an early Beverly Hills Cop script.
I've always loved Black Gestapo. In between the nudity and vigilante violence there's a genuinely compelling story about power corrupting. If I was somehow given free reign to remake one film, I'd pick that one.
Quatermass and the Pit.
Not sure if it counts, since it's a classic, but it is such a B movie that it's a C movie. If you've never had a chance to see it, it's a great Lovecraft-tinged story about ancient cosmic horror. The effects are so bad, but the story is one of the best ever told in the genre, and it co-stars General Veers himself, Julian Glover.
(Jul 12, 2021, 11:27 am)JetJaguar73 Wrote: Quatermass and the Pit.
Not sure if it counts, since it's a classic, but it is such a B movie that it's a C movie. If you've never had a chance to see it, it's a great Lovecraft-tinged story about ancient cosmic horror.  The effects are so bad, but the story is one of the best ever told in the genre, and it co-stars General Veers himself, Julian Glover.

It is a classic, with a solid denouement. I do prefer the original 1958 TV mini-series version, but only just. Nigel Kneale was a hell of a creator. Shame he hated Dr Who and Blake's 7 so much that he turned down offers to write for them. Still, they took shots backby ripping him off a lot lol
supposedly Vice Squad (1982, Wings Hauser plays the villain) is pretty good for a b-movie, but I've only seen the first 30 minutes so I don't know if I should recommend...

[Image: senior-man-shrugging-shoulders-picture-i...QdGJL065o=]
Signed on anything with Cynthia Rothrock. Yes, including the Santa Claus one, which I think is adorable.
I saw "Contamination" at a horror film festival and the audience loved it. Lots of great silly gore scenes and a likeable cast.
In the non-RT'd pantheon, I love "Panic Beats," "Suffer Little Children," and a host of others.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [REQ] Let’s Be Good Citizens At Play! dest1234 10 5,892 Dec 30, 2023, 10:43 am
Last Post: owenrock
  A Good Tree (MJB) peephalk 7 2,490 Dec 20, 2023, 22:56 pm
Last Post: I Want To Go Faster
  Good Grooming for Girls JusSonic 4 8,290 Feb 12, 2022, 23:03 pm
Last Post: Meat Trademark
  Can anyone recommend a good iRiff of a zombie movie? Shue 3 8,396 Jun 10, 2020, 12:42 pm
Last Post: TheDarkPrince2018
  Any good online storage/streaming services? CthulhuSaves 10 21,285 Mar 04, 2019, 18:02 pm
Last Post: billythefist