Two small gripes... Notifications and staying logged in
1) How can I get TPB to understand I do not want push notifications, and to quit asking me?  Win10Pro64, Chrome, direct cookies enabled and third party & trackers blocked.

2) How can I get TPB to keep me logged in past the screen where it tells me I'm logged in?  I think that's related to why I'm having a hard time posting torrents, now that I've got a few I want to get up and out for sharing...

HELP!

Ulf.
1 - TPB does not have push notifications. Be sure you are actually using TPB. The only TPB addresses are at the bottom of this page.

2 - The upload page is the only page that has a session state. The rest of the pages don't even look. If you have logged in somewhere other than TPB, you'll want to have your password changed in the Account Issues section of the forum.
(Dec 04, 2020, 21:09 pm)Moe Wrote: 1 - TPB does not have push notifications.  Be sure you are actually using TPB.  The only TPB addresses are at the bottom of this page.

2 - The upload page is the only page that has a session state.  The rest of the pages don't even look.  If you have logged in somewhere other than TPB, you'll want to have your password changed in the Account Issues section of the forum.

1) Interesting. I am using "thepiratebay.org," as I always have. I keep getting asked if I want to allow the site to "show notifications" - which is new, and which I get tired of refusing. Win10Pro64 Chrome fully updated, let me know if there's anything else I can tell you for diagnostics (I am connecting through Xfinity, it was my only option for ISP here. I checked - I so did not want Xfinity! I've dealt with them before...

2) As I said, I only go to "thepiratebay.org." So I'm honestly not sure why I don't stay logged in, but it seems I never do. (And I can't seem to get torrents uploaded, as I said. I don't recall the errors offhand - I'll try again and update.)

Ulf
That is the right address.  I turned off NoScript and the ad blocker and now see what you see.  It isn't an actual push request, but an ad disguised as a request to show notifications. NoScript + ad blocker will keep that and much of the other nonsense away.

No page on TPB will ever show you being logged in.  If you visit https://thepiratebay.org/session/index.php and you are not logged in, you will see the login form.  If you are logged in you will see the form to upload a torrent.  That is all logging in does - allow you to upload a torrent.

If you are getting errors when uploading, there are a few threads in this section for some of the common errors.  If it is something new and different, you are welcome to start a thread for it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Only logged in can see replies in some request threads Glassbaaten 1 16,049 Dec 09, 2021, 22:48 pm
Last Post: Moe
  Can't "stay" logged in?? Torrentous 45 88,983 Nov 13, 2017, 09:15 am
Last Post: lousmith84
  logged in whatup6755 1 13,023 Feb 17, 2017, 22:11 pm
Last Post: workerbee
  Logged in but not logged in at the same time MyMoneypitX 3 16,083 Dec 06, 2016, 14:40 pm
Last Post: demonS
  I am not staying logged in Flappy 3 14,716 Feb 11, 2016, 23:10 pm
Last Post: r00ted