Tracker Issues?
Hey all, trying to seed a new Hamilton CAMrip torrent I put together:

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/19542255

I created and uploaded the torrent w/o any trackers (per the FAQ), and now
the seeding bar in uTorrent is flashing red and green again intermittently, the trackers

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
udp://zer0day.ch:1337
udp://open.demonii.com:1337
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969
udp://exodus.desync.com:6969

all list as timed out, mismatch, or unknown.

edit: OK it seems to be seeding now, but the trackers still say the same error messages
and I'm only getting peers on DHT and Peer Exchange. Is this normal, or is there something
I should be doing?

Moe edited Jan 01, 2018 22:33 pm this post because:

Not a site issue, as TPB does not operate any trackers.

Thread moved.

uTorrent can't connect to any trackers, so it will complain unnecessarily. Trackers are unnecessary so long as DHT is enabled and working. uTorrent is just being overly dramatic.

As you are still finding peers, and they are finding you, and you are uploading, everything is working fine and you can ignore uTorrent's unnecessary red flashing drama.

You should confirm that some of those connections are incoming. If not, you may not be able to accept incoming connections. This isn't a deal breaker, but it does limit who you can connect to.
(Jan 01, 2018, 22:33 pm)Moe Wrote: uTorrent can't connect to any trackers, so it will complain unnecessarily.  Trackers are unnecessary so long as DHT is enabled and working.  uTorrent is just being overly dramatic.

As you are still finding peers, and they are finding you, and you are uploading, everything is working fine and you can ignore uTorrent's unnecessary red flashing drama.

You should confirm that some of those connections are incoming.  If not, you may not be able to accept incoming connections.  This isn't a deal breaker, but it does limit who you can connect to.

Awesome, thanks, looks like all is well.
I assume that the green/red flashing bits you are talking about are the arrows. Or since I use an older version, something equivalent. That just means that your trackers aren't working. But that's ok. Adding trackers to a torrent nowadays is sort of useless, unless it's from some private tracker site nonsense.

As Moe said, make sure DHT is working and you should be fine. Big Grin

---

one minute too late

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tracker Editor v1.31 [For TPB Uploaders] Ctrlme 5 17,649 Jul 15, 2015, 23:38 pm
Last Post: Moe
  How a Private ‘Anime’ Torrent Tracker Became an Essential Tool For Facebook Ernesto 0 10,951 Feb 16, 2015, 14:29 pm
Last Post: Ernesto
  Tracker "Connection timed out" Mark12 1 10,342 Jul 21, 2014, 01:22 am
Last Post: gcjm