The first CAMRip ever made? (1982)
Don't know which board this would technically belong under so i am just going to post it here.

There is a guy on YouTube who tracks down old bootleg VHS tapes and converts them over to digital files.

He frequently uploads footage from old VHS CAMs from years ago two of the clips on his channel are from a CAM of ET recorded in 1982.

I think this is one of the very first CAMRips ever made and if it is this is a very rare piece of history.

That's cool, it's like a museum for bootlegs. And they didn't come ad-infested like nowadays.
(Jan 28, 2021, 03:36 am)dueda Wrote: That's cool, it's like a museum for bootlegs. And they didn't come ad-infested like nowadays.

Oh i know right fuck 1xbet.

(Jan 28, 2021, 03:36 am)dueda Wrote: That's cool, it's like a museum for bootlegs. And they didn't come ad-infested like nowadays.

Camcorders didn't exist until 1982/1983 so what kind of camera could these have been filmed with? Also I think the a new hope one is a re-release from before 1981.
Videotape in a large cassette format was introduced by both JVC and Panasonic around 1976.
American engineer, scientist and inventor Philo Taylor Farnsworth devised the television camera in the 1920s, was the first inventor to transmit a television image comprised of 60 horizontal lines in 1927.

NASA converted from using analog to digital signals with their space probes to map the surface of the moon in the 1960s,
Texas Instruments patented a filmless electronic camera in 1972,
Since the mid-1970s, Kodak has invented several solid-state image sensors that "convert light to digital pictures" for professional and home consumer use. Kodak scientists invented the world's first megapixel sensor in 1986.

Keep in mind governments prioritizes spycraft / military / research applications. The 32-bit chip and the first video recording devices are examples. So it's natural we don't see any information on those early models, but someone with access could've used them for their personal hobby.

Source: https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of-vid...rs-4077043

ALSO (I should've checked this first), from Wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video#Recording

The analog video tape recorder was commercially introduced in 1951!
(Feb 18, 2021, 07:51 am)dueda Wrote: Videotape in a large cassette format was introduced by both JVC and Panasonic around 1976.
American engineer, scientist and inventor Philo Taylor Farnsworth devised the television camera in the 1920s, was the first inventor to transmit a television image comprised of 60 horizontal lines in 1927.

NASA converted from using analog to digital signals with their space probes to map the surface of the moon in the 1960s,
Texas Instruments patented a filmless electronic camera in 1972,
Since the mid-1970s, Kodak has invented several solid-state image sensors that "convert light to digital pictures" for professional and home consumer use. Kodak scientists invented the world's first megapixel sensor in 1986.

Keep in mind governments prioritizes spycraft / military / research applications. The 32-bit chip and the first video recording devices are examples. So it's natural we don't see any information on those early models, but someone with access could've used them for their personal hobby.

Source: https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of-vid...rs-4077043

ALSO (I should've checked this first), from Wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video#Recording

The analog video tape recorder was commercially introduced in 1951!

Thanks for the info. Smile
I may be interested in VHS to MP4 conversion if there is a method of sharpening up the images during processing.
Any idea what software/hardware to use?
(Apr 12, 2021, 19:01 pm)waregim Wrote: I may be interested in VHS to MP4 conversion if there is a method of sharpening up the images during processing.
Any idea what software/hardware to use?

Do you have some old VHS CAMs?
Friggin' awesome, you could say that this guy was ahead of his time! ??
(Apr 13, 2021, 05:43 am)Gew Wrote: Friggin' awesome, you could say that this guy was ahead of his time! ??

Agreed these are pieces of history.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torrent I made won't download tvenetis 38 63,879 Sep 11, 2021, 11:54 am
Last Post: tvenetis
  My first post Christiangarcia1852 3 16,342 Dec 25, 2020, 22:52 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  The most messed up conversation that I've ever had. soulcity 2 11,404 Feb 06, 2020, 09:18 am
Last Post: dueda
  Have you ever got trouble with pirated content at border ? underdeath21 47 84,049 Jan 24, 2019, 08:34 am
Last Post: MrFlyer
  Is TPB dying? Will we ever be able to access the site without TOR or VPN? politux 20 40,792 Oct 25, 2018, 03:38 am
Last Post: nazmouille