SuprBay: Regarding the Spam messages in the General Discussions Section
It seems that a hacker or a spam bot has injected many messages in it, with the contents linking to a dating site.

Normally, I wouldn't report it here, as the forum has the "Report" feature, but the problem is that the messages keep coming and off different names too! It's clear that the problem might be a bot and this nasty little bugger should be uprooted from the source.

Apart from just hitting the Report button, does anyone have any ideas on how each of us can help?
(Feb 17, 2024, 09:46 am)RobertX Wrote: It seems that a hacker or a spam bot has injected many messages in it, with the contents linking to a dating site.

Normally, I wouldn't report it here, as the forum has the "Report" feature, but the problem is that the messages keep coming and off different names too! It's clear that the problem might be a bot and this nasty little bugger should be uprooted from the source.

Apart from just hitting the Report button, does anyone have any ideas on how each of us can help?

I've noticed those bots too, and I click the Report button as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Can Post My Message in the Introduction Section, but I can't See It RobertX 10 23,405 Jul 08, 2020, 21:34 pm
Last Post: Moe
  SuprBay: Exposed PHP messages fiskhandlarn 2 9,279 Apr 15, 2020, 15:14 pm
Last Post: fiskhandlarn
  General Request for Uploaders Hugh_Mungus 1 11,068 Oct 09, 2018, 00:51 am
Last Post: contrail
  SuprBay: Are deleted private messages also removed from the recipient's inbox? no_Steam 2 11,679 Oct 01, 2017, 18:01 pm
Last Post: Sid
  HD Movies section is broken! and needs a cleanup. mHH 1 10,101 Aug 23, 2017, 09:25 am
Last Post: Sid