Streaming from PC to Smartphone via WLAN
Hi,

sometimes I would like to watch movies (which are located on my PC's SSD) on my smartphone when I'm in bed.

So I was trying the software "Younity", downloaded & installed it onto my Windows 10 PC and the app to my iPhone, but for some unknown reason the phone does not see the PC as online. An exception has already been added to Windows 10 Firewall.

[Image: a06q7k.jpg]

Here you can see the PC software in the background, recognizing the PC itself (Pandora) and the phone (M.), but the phone can't see the PC as online.

Any idea what I could try, please?

Huh
I would try making sure the port is not blocked. Plenty of tools to check online for that. If you are still having trouble I recommend Plex.
Hi Contrail, thanks for your suggestion.

Even if I disable Windows Firewall for a minute, it doesn't work.
I was looking for an alternative to Younity and found "Plex" as well, but the free version has a 1 minute streaming limitation.
For now I've opened a ticket with Younity from within the app, (this way a log was attached). I've checked the log but with lots of time stamps and errors it's rather confusing to me. Let's see if their support is able to help.
Also found this, https://www.pcworld.com/article/2360448/...-wifi.html hope it is of some use.
Hi my friend, that sounded great so I followed the steps but unfortunately it didn't work.
Enabling Windows Media Player for streaming was fine, but I wasn't able to make the iPhone recognize the server.
I found two other interesting alternatives to Younity, called "Air Playit" and "Tonido".

I've installed Tonido on PC and smartphone.
After I figured out how to "add a new account" to the app, everything just worked - it's magnificent!

Quote:Once you have installed and started Tonido server,  Download the Tonido  iOS App from Apple Appstore.
Start the iOS App and Click on the [Image: plus@2x.png?version=1&modificationDate=1...000&api=v2] icon on the main page of Tonido iOS App to add a new account.
Enter the required credentials

Account URL: http://youraccount.tonidoid.com
Account Name: youraccount
Password: The account password

I now have access on my phone to everything that is on my PC ... music, pictures, documents, videos - awesome!  
happy happy
Big Grin
Well thanks to you, I found something useful and got an overall upgrade to my productivity. Tonido works like it is supposed to at fist glance, only time will tell if it holds up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best host for streaming? hireshi 8 27,671 Oct 02, 2017, 00:28 am
Last Post: contrail