StarCraft might be getting an HD remaster !
Quote:In the realm of real-time strategy games, next to nothing beats the originalStarCraft (unless you happen to be more of a WarCraft fan). Released way back in 1998, the game still has a dedicated fan base around the world, and it still sees professional play in a lot of gaming tournaments. It would appear thatBlizzard has decided to dust off the old game and give it in an HD remaster, if new reports are to be believed.

The rumor, which was originally posted by Korean site iNews24 and spotted by Kotaku, says that Blizzard is working to on an HD remaster of the classic strategy game and may reveal it as early as next month. September may be the perfect time to reveal such a re-release, as the StarCraft 2 World Championships Series - which has been running since January - will be coming to a close, giving Blizzard a good opportunity to reveal an HD remaster of the game that started it all.
Even if a reveal does come in September, it sounds like we won't be finding out very much until Blizzard gets the chance to show the game off at BlizzCon in November. At the moment, details on this new version of StarCraft are still pretty slim, with iNews24's sources merely saying that the game will come with an HD coat of paint and new UI, while the core gameplay will remain unchanged.

Obviously, take this one with a grain of salt, but it would make sense for Blizzard to release an updated version of the original StarCraft, given the fact that it's still widely loved (or at least fondly remembered) by a large subset of the developer's fan base. Hopefully more details will be arriving in September like the rumors claim, but while we wait to see if any official information actually surfaces, we're just going to daydream about what this could mean for an eventual HD remaster of Diablo II.

VIA: Kotaku
SOURCE: iNews24
I hope they'll keep the LAN, but that will probably not happen.
As much as I want this to be true...... yeah....

My life for Aiur!
(Aug 06, 2016, 16:20 pm)NokTham Wrote: As much as I want this to be true...... yeah....

My life for Aiur!

The chance that it is is very big, because Blizzard run a snag with their latest episodes in those sagas, for example - WoW is getting boring and constantly dropping in player base; Starcraft 2 is not very popular outside tournaments; Diablo 3 = shit.
Its a proven tactic to rely on old and gold ideas and works, just touch them up a little, make them all shiny and playable without a hitch on modern system and youve got success.
Keeping my old Starcraft and Starcraft Brood War.

I bought them and I was I glad I did, just as I will be glad that I won't that that shit sundae of an idea.

But as Itanium2 has said, "just touch them up a little, make them all shiny and playable without a hitch on modern system and youve got success. ."
I'm down for this. They just have to keep it at 2.5D with ultra-crisp textures. Maybe make "Select all buildings" possible to make up for my scrub skills as well.
It Is Happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kE-Wxxfpjk
Sounds promising.

As long as they don't have an activation bullshit, I'll buy a dozen copies for the LAN parties!

EDIT: I'll still keep my current copies though.
I hope now, we can get an HD remaster of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans! Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLnnAgEQ6Y

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new Ubisoft+ and getting gamers comfortable with not owning their games!? lustrous 7 2,351 Feb 04, 2024, 16:36 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Getting This Minecraft Error BenedictSkiles 3 12,878 Oct 04, 2023, 14:45 pm
Last Post: ieatroaches5
  Original StarCraft series is now free Moe 2 13,950 Apr 26, 2017, 18:35 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Starcraft: Brood War exits sporadically RobertX 2 13,572 Dec 23, 2016, 20:52 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Help with getting pirated GTA-V to work? <3 DAMASTER7 1 14,291 Jul 21, 2016, 23:40 pm
Last Post: AncientRome