Spam and redirecting
Is this just me?  When I am in PB I select a group like E-books, music, etc and I am redirected to a spam site instead of the usual list of books or music.  I have to select the list I want several times before it works.  It is getting worse.  Now I don't get any list. Thank you to all who help.

I am surprised that no one has answered, Does this mean none of you are experiencing this?
If you're not a fan of ads, consider using an ad-blocker. U-block is a popular choice among the pirates on this forum. Just keep in mind that ads help to support both the forum and The Pirate Bay.
(Apr 27, 2024, 11:30 am)lustrous Wrote: If you're not a fan of ads, consider using an ad-blocker. U-block is a popular choice among the pirates on this forum. Just keep in mind that ads help to support both the forum and The Pirate Bay.

But this is not just an ad appearing on the screen.  When I click on E-Books my screen is redirected to a page asking me to click on it.  I have to go back to the original page and re-select what I want two to three times.  PB was not like this a couple of years ago. I just added U-Block, but I still get redirected to spam.
It sounds like the issue may be related to your setup. I am not experiencing any redirection on my instance of Firefox with uBlock installed. Usually, ads are the culprit that redirect you to spam sites. I recommend trying to clear your browser data and then reinstall uBlock. Note that clearing your browser data might log you out of other sites you are currently logged into.
(Apr 27, 2024, 12:07 pm)lustrous Wrote: It sounds like the issue may be related to your setup. I am not experiencing any redirection on my instance of Firefox with uBlock installed. Usually, ads are the culprit that redirect you to spam sites. I recommend trying to clear your browser data and then reinstall uBlock. Note that clearing your browser data might log you out of other sites you are currently logged into.

Thanks for helping, but that did not work either.  This only happens on TPB official site.  When I use a mirror site it works perfectly.  Unfortunately the mirror site I used to use appears to be down.
I've been very happy using Brave browser, and in the past used uBlock and a few other ad/popup/script/tracking blockers; TPB is a much simpler and easier to tame than other sites (i.e. 1337x).
(Apr 29, 2024, 08:14 am)dueda Wrote: I've been very happy using Brave browser, and in the past used uBlock and a few other ad/popup/script/tracking blockers; TPB is a much simpler and easier to tame than other sites (i.e. 1337x).

Thank you dueda.  I downloaded Brave, but when I select download torrent it does not automatically open Utorrent as I am used to and prefer.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.

(May 01, 2024, 09:42 am)strum Wrote:
(Apr 29, 2024, 08:14 am)dueda Wrote: I've been very happy using Brave browser, and in the past used uBlock and a few other ad/popup/script/tracking blockers; TPB is a much simpler and easier to tame than other sites (i.e. 1337x).

Thank you dueda.  I downloaded Brave, but when I select download torrent it does not automatically open Utorrent as I am used to and prefer.  Instead, it downloads one torrent at atime within Brave.Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Okay, using Brave worked very well.  I don't know why Firefox gave me all those redirects and pop-ups.
(May 03, 2024, 18:40 pm)strum Wrote: Okay, using Brave worked very well.  I don't know why Firefox gave me all those redirects and pop-ups.

Brave is pretty good. Good choice! Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upload Page Not Working...Redirecting to Settings Page 2Maverick 20 51,508 Nov 08, 2018, 13:50 pm
Last Post: ShadowHD
  User link is redirecting rowsol 3 12,890 Sep 09, 2017, 18:16 pm
Last Post: contrail
  Pirate Bay: 'Upload torrent' link redirecting to thebootleg bay TKTh3K1ng 47 72,058 Oct 06, 2014, 09:29 am
Last Post: iCy_1