Short--What's Happening?
Anybody have this short that was only on the Santa's Village of Madness DVD? Much appreciated.
Here ya go

https://mega.nz/#!TIJS1Lob!4MHtSQ-PlSqwO...QnuoP3adKg
Starlock, did you personally pull this from the DVD? To my knowledge, there are two versions of this riff. One is called the "Musical Edition" as it has Bill humming the "What's Happening" TV show theme throughout the short, which was offered as a live show goody. That is what Starlock has uploaded. As far as I can tell, no one has ever posted, with verification, the version from the DVD. Allegedly, it is different than the musical version.

To be fair, even the admins on the Rifftrax forum aren't quite sure if there really are two distinct versions or not.
No clue. I didn't rip it.
This one (the one Starlock posted) has Bill doing the "What's Happening" music. Guess I'll keep hoping that the DVD version shows up, or as Tinny was mentioning, maybe there is only one version of this...
Thanks for trying, Starlock!
I own the DVD and can confirm that the version on there is different and doesn't have the music all the way through. Ripping + will update this post when finished, it's on the way.

Okay, here you go: https://mega.nz/#!b0NAAYLK!Nof5iuTpxnbMw...wq-YeptRPI

LMK if there's any issues!
Confirmed.

Fantastic!  Thanks efalls99, this is a first, as far as I know.
Cool beans!
So, having just watched them simultaneously, here's the differences.

The first 45 seconds or so are mostly different altogether, as the Musical Version (MV) sets up Bill humming the theme song. In the DVD version, a few riffs are made during that time that are not in the MV. Throughout the DVD version, riffs are made by all three guys, while in the MV, riffs are only made by Mike and Kevin, since Bill is merrily humming. This also results in some riffs being voiced by a different person in one version than the one who voiced it in the other.

So there we have it. Two distinctly different versions of the same short, though most of the actual riffs are scripted identically.

Thanks again, efalls99, and Jim Begg for setting the ball rolling.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 166 189,713 Mar 20, 2024, 16:37 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  RiffTrax Short: Everyday Courtesy TV23 2 2,129 Dec 08, 2023, 20:22 pm
Last Post: Lorem Ipsum
  (REQ) Short: Don't Be Afraid KinoQueen13 4 3,241 Oct 30, 2023, 19:41 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie
  How Animals Help Us (MJB short) peephalk 3 3,530 Sep 04, 2023, 18:51 pm
Last Post: DingusMcGee
  School Vandalism! short peephalk 6 4,036 Aug 20, 2023, 20:27 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13