RodneyYouPlonker film releases
I'm not sure what's going on, just thought I should post something on this thread.  I've just uploaded a couple of torrents over the last couple of days.  Not sure why but it's just showing 0 and 0 for the seeds and peers?  The seeds are fine just like they normally are.  Is there something strange going on with the server because it shouldn't be showing that there's no peers and seeds and the torrents are both healthy but yet just say 0 and 0.

I've tried my best to make these torrents work so I don't know what's going on with them.  I only get one chance to upload them and once they are on they are on then unless you were to remove them and delete the hash and put them back on again, but would that make any difference don't want to do that maybe Moe has the answer?
Dude.... It is a long standing issue that has its own thread in Site Issues.

Nobody but Winston knows exactly which trackers TPB scrapes or how it performs the scrape process. The swarm numbers on TPB should really be ignored as they are unreliable.

It is entirely possible the scrape process has failed even harder than usual in the past few days. As TPB is just an index, as long as your torrent is there with a working magnet link, people can still download it.

The deleting and reuploading thing has been tried before. Didn't change anything.

I know it is quite frustrating, but Winston doesn't seem interested in fixing bugs.
Thanks for clearing that up Moe, it's just that the thing I've noticed also since I uploaded the other day my torrents that I've just submitted they don't seem to be appearing in the TPB search engine.  Like I uploaded a Tremors torrent but that doesn't seem to fetch up any results which is annoying.  I've tried using the search with the words used in my torrent name but it doesn't find anything.  I'm going to just have another look now.  I actually since the other day just tried to use the Hash for it to search that but it wasn't even finding anything unless something has changed.  When having something deleted it seems to work eventually but does seem to linger there for some time before it goes.
Searching for stuff on tpb hasn't worked properly for some time. I think many people have moved on the alternate sites like 1337x etc.
(Nov 23, 2020, 08:52 am)TrumpIsALoser8746513 Wrote: Searching for stuff on tpb hasn't worked properly for some time. I think many people have moved on the alternate sites like 1337x etc.

That's not true I uploaded Deep Blue Sea 3 movie collection not so long ago and that searches fine.  It was only my latest 2 shares that didn't work but I've discovered now that Tremors doesn't actually show up on any searches even though it is shared and it's a shame as that is the best Tremors collection to have been released on TPB.
Agree with you on your Tremors collection, really awesome.

The first movie was filmed in a California location not Nevada, in the Alabama Hills outside of Lone Pine.
We usually go to the film museum for "Alabama Hills" day (which is a three day event?) and camp out, but it was canceled this year because of covid. The film is on the movie history museum's theater rotation along with other classics filmed there.

Worth a trip for any movie and tv buff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Hills
RodneyYouPlonker, why do you use MKV to encode your movies? Do you swear by it?

I've been ripping DVD materials from my local public library, and I too use MKV. I don't swear by it, however, it's just a force of habit.

I know there might have been arguments supporting either format, but I want to hear your version, your explanation of the story behind supporting MKV. I ask you because I respect your opinion.

Of course, I don't rip for quality, I rip for just being able to watch the content. I know DVDs are becoming dated, but it's not gone yet.

OK, take your time on your response. I'll check back after a game of imaginary badminton.
(Nov 25, 2020, 19:54 pm)RobertX Wrote: RodneyYouPlonker, why do you use MKV to encode your movies? Do you swear by it?

I've been ripping DVD materials from my local public library, and I too use MKV. I don't swear by it, however, it's just a force of habit.

I know there might have been arguments supporting either format, but I want to hear your version, your explanation of the story behind supporting MKV. I ask you because I respect your opinion.

Of course, I don't rip for quality, I rip for just being able to watch the content. I know DVDs are becoming dated, but it's not gone yet.

OK, take your time on your response. I'll check back after a game of imaginary badminton.

MKV is just a container.  It's more aimed at HD video really not DVD.  DVD is just Standard Def.  The choice is there when you use Handbrake so I always use MKV because I just like the result I get that's all.  If I were doing UHD, which I aren't doing I would probably do HEVC instead but I don't have the drive for it.  Plus UHD is expensive so really I've never tried to move to that format because it's too big.  Usually when I encode a movie it usually ends up about the average size of 11GB per movie but depending of course how long the movie is and what kind of audio it has.  I don't think of it really as being complicated I just MKV because it works well with VLC player and it works well with Kodi and I just like the size really.  I just like working with HD I think it's good enough without being too big.  When I rip from disc it's usually quite large so therefore you do need to use compression but I don't over do it because I see lots of people throwing away all the nice detail which is a shame.  IMO too many people encode far too small for my liking so the quality is bad.  I've been encoding the same quality now for years and I think it looks fair decent and has stood the test of time when I first arrived doing all this HD it was very nice quality compared to what people were putting out.  I remember many years ago I tried to do DVD quality collections but the trouble was nobody cared so it was a huge waste of time, I guess you could say I totally failed there but later on I bounced back with HD and then suddenly it was a lot better.  I've been doing this movie work now long before UHD arrived on the scene so it has been a good few years.  Just one thing about which is about TrueHD audio it was quite some time ago now but only at the start of about 2017 was the TrueHD passthru filter first brought to Handbrake.  Before that it wasn't great and I had to use the core audio instead which was Dolby Digital but that all changed in January 2017 and they brought the TrueHD passthru out which was great but anything I did previous to that was most likely DD.  MKV is just really good and I like it a lot and it's good to work with and not too big but still very nice quality.
All right, that was a good answer. You sure took your time.

Merry Christmas!

RodneyYouPlonker, do you usually get your Blu Rays from bargain bins, or do you buy them new like a man? Big Grin
(Nov 25, 2020, 20:31 pm)RobertX Wrote: RodneyYouPlonker, do you usually get your Blu Rays from bargain bins, or do you buy them new like a man? Big Grin

The second one ship mate!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spider-Man Film Discussion: Unleashing the Web-Slinger's Cinematic Adventures! LisaJimenez 0 4,315 Jun 15, 2023, 14:38 pm
Last Post: LisaJimenez
  Film site IMDb to shut down message boards Scrumptious 3 17,250 Feb 09, 2017, 06:56 am
Last Post: joew771
  The short film thread joew771 2 17,066 Jan 23, 2017, 07:16 am
Last Post: joew771
  Foreign Language Film sites workerbee 1 16,153 Jan 04, 2017, 18:12 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  New releases site alex319 6 21,332 Aug 19, 2014, 06:44 am
Last Post: tedmenzel