Rifftrax Patreon
Continuing on from the Driptrax thread, Rifftrax has finished moving from Drip to Patreon, so now the new era of Patreon releases begins.

Here is a link to the Rifftrax Patreon folder (which I can see needing more of in the future, given the size of the uploads).

To start things off, Mike and Kevin have a Talkin' Rifftrax for Karate Cop.

Talkin' Rifftrax: Karate Cop
Original (1080p) [952 MB]
Vimeo 1080p [220 MB]
Vimeo 720p [110 MB]

Tell me which, if any, you prefer so I can be sure to not waste space on files no one needs.

Kevin's explanation for this video:

Welcome to your VERY EXCLUSIVE video in which Michael J. Nelson and I (I being Kevin W. Murphy) Discuss the film we had just freshly riffed, KARATE COP.  A few salient features of this video for you to enjoy:
  • You will notice that Bill Corbett is absent. We believe he had a pressing engagement elsewhere, but there’s a possibility that he simply doesn’t love you as much as Mike and I do.
  • We were confused as to whether Karate Cop was a sequel to Omega Cop, or the other way around.  It is indeed a sequel, but the only thing this film has in common with the previous film is that the star wears the same hat and does very little actual karate.
  • We were confused about what happened in the film. This isn’t uncommon for us, even though we had just finished watching it.
  • There is a reason for this: This frequently happens to us at RiffTrax, because immediately after recording a riff, we dump the memory of the film from our brains, simply because we need to make room for the several other titles we are working on.  That’s how much we care; we erase whole chunks of our memory so that we can keep bringing you more and more quality entertainment. You’re welcome.
  • There is another reason for this: The plot of Omega Cop is rather convoluted and confusing to start with.
  • For example, in the backstory it seems to be casually accepted that people can teleport over long distances. That’s right, while acid rain dissolves clothes and rogue cops eat dog food and jacky-rabbit stew, the miraculous act of transcending all accepted laws of physics is commonplace. 
  • One more thing: DAVID CARRADINE has a brief, mumbly, greasy cameo in this feature. He seems to have written his own lines and it is implied that he may be a cannibal. Both of which make him the most believable and richly drawn character in the film.
And there you have it. Enjoy Talkin’ RiffTrax: Karate Cop!  And thank you for your Patreonage.  

-kwm
(Oct 01, 2019, 19:41 pm)BadFilms Wrote: Continuing on from the Driptrax thread, Rifftrax has finished moving from Drip to Patreon, so now the new era of Patreon releases begins.

Here is a link to the Rifftrax Patreon folder (which I can see needing more of in the future, given the size of the uploads).

To start things off, Mike and Kevin have a Talkin' Rifftrax for Karate Cop.

Talkin' Rifftrax: Karate Cop
Original (1080p) [952 MB]
Vimeo 1080p [220 MB]
Vimeo 720p [110 MB]

Tell me which, if any, you prefer so I can be sure to not waste space on files no one needs.

Kevin's explanation for this video:

Welcome to your VERY EXCLUSIVE video in which Michael J. Nelson and I (I being Kevin W. Murphy) Discuss the film we had just freshly riffed, KARATE COP.  A few salient features of this video for you to enjoy:
  • You will notice that Bill Corbett is absent. We believe he had a pressing engagement elsewhere, but there’s a possibility that he simply doesn’t love you as much as Mike and I do.
  • We were confused as to whether Karate Cop was a sequel to Omega Cop, or the other way around.  It is indeed a sequel, but the only thing this film has in common with the previous film is that the star wears the same hat and does very little actual karate.
  • We were confused about what happened in the film. This isn’t uncommon for us, even though we had just finished watching it.
  • There is a reason for this: This frequently happens to us at RiffTrax, because immediately after recording a riff, we dump the memory of the film from our brains, simply because we need to make room for the several other titles we are working on.  That’s how much we care; we erase whole chunks of our memory so that we can keep bringing you more and more quality entertainment. You’re welcome.
  • There is another reason for this: The plot of Omega Cop is rather convoluted and confusing to start with.
  • For example, in the backstory it seems to be casually accepted that people can teleport over long distances. That’s right, while acid rain dissolves clothes and rogue cops eat dog food and jacky-rabbit stew, the miraculous act of transcending all accepted laws of physics is commonplace. 
  • One more thing: DAVID CARRADINE has a brief, mumbly, greasy cameo in this feature. He seems to have written his own lines and it is implied that he may be a cannibal. Both of which make him the most believable and richly drawn character in the film.
And there you have it. Enjoy Talkin’ RiffTrax: Karate Cop!  And thank you for your Patreonage.  

-kwm

Thank you BadFilms! You're a hero to all of us!
Thanks very much, BadFilms.

I personally find the smallest size file more than adequate for what this is. I know we have a dedicated HDHigh Crew here, but nearly 1 gig for a 5 minute clip might be a bit much to expect you to maintain.
I downloaded the nearly 1 gig file and really appreciate you posting all the options. Thanks a lot, BadFilms.
Yeah, I still need to check out the quality differences, as I have no experience with Vimeo's re-encoding process, but it offers everything from the original 1080p source file all the way down to 240p, which is impressive by itself.

I assumed I'd just be keeping the Vimeo 1080p, as it really isn't worth it to keep nearly a gig for a tiny video, as you said, since I won't be noticing the difference anyway and had been perfectly happy with the even-more-low-bandwidth 720p version from Drip. Hell, I might even talk myself into keeping the 720p's from now on. But I just wanted to make sure everyone got the good stuff, though thinking about it a day later, 1 GB per video is fucking crazy, especially in the long run.
(Oct 02, 2019, 19:06 pm)BadFilms Wrote: Yeah, I still need to check out the quality differences, as I have no experience with Vimeo's re-encoding process, but it offers everything from the original 1080p source file all the way down to 240p, which is impressive by itself.

I assumed I'd just be keeping the Vimeo 1080p, as it really isn't worth it to keep nearly a gig for a tiny video, as you said, since I won't be noticing the difference anyway and had been perfectly happy with the even-more-low-bandwidth 720p version from Drip. Hell, I might even talk myself into keeping the 720p's from now on. But I just wanted to make sure everyone got the good stuff, though thinking about it a day later, 1 GB per video is fucking crazy, especially in the long run.

Original has bitrate of 24.1Mbps, Vimeo 1080p is at 5,357Kbps (5.357Mbps). For frame of reference: Blu-ray maximum bitrate is 40Mbps straight from the disc, YIFY encodes top out around 2Mbps, RARBG seem to be around 5Mbps. 

Audio bitrates are the same basically for the Original vs. Vimeo 1080p.

Full MediaInfo on both:
TraxiansOrigVs1080p

I'd say if you got a bunch of empty hard drives to fill up, why not with the orig, but otherwise, the Vimeo 1080p seems like the one to share/keep.

Thanks again for subscribing and posting. Very much appreciated.
Thank you BadFilms, you're the best!
I try.

For the record, they've also been releasing extended previews of the new movies for the past couple of weeks, but I haven't bothered uploading those, as they're available at the same time the full movie is already out and it's just a slightly longer trailer than the one featured on their YouTube page and on the Rifftrax site to give a better idea of some of the jokes.
(Oct 02, 2019, 02:30 am)portharlot Wrote: Thanks very much, BadFilms.

I personally find the smallest size file more than adequate for what this is. I know we have a dedicated HDHigh Crew here, but nearly 1 gig for a 5 minute clip might be a bit much to expect you to maintain.

yeah, this, especially since it's been like a year now since they've actually been funny. sorry-not-sorry, rifftrax needs to step up its game, it's been really bad for a while now, i'm *this* close to even just not checking this forum any more, let alone giving them money, so yeah they can blow their 1gig-for-5min filesizes straight out their asses. how about they take the same quality control they apparently have for video fidelity and put that effort into joke-writing, because the presence of the former certainly doesn't make up for the lack of the latter.
That made me laugh. I admire your bluntness. Just out of curiosity, what would you say was the last flat-out good one? And wasn’t there talk about Trace and Frank maybe doing stuff for Rifftrax at one point?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 24 2,806 2 hours ago
Last Post: JusSonic
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 163 188,487 Yesterday, 03:58 am
Last Post: BudgetBits
  Welcome to the RiffTrax forum / Say "Hi" here Sid 183 502,923 Mar 13, 2024, 20:50 pm
Last Post: thedavewsc
  Rifftrax on the Mads! Miss Martian 6 805 Mar 12, 2024, 23:50 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  "Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax... mentallo 37 56,215 Mar 09, 2024, 16:06 pm
Last Post: alansmithee99