Rifftrax Live: MOTHRA Tonight
Hope all of the lucky peeps who live near theatres showing Rifftrax Live: MOTHRA have a fun time this evening.  I've seen the movie probably about a dozen times without riffing as I have a soft spot for all things kaiju, so I'll be sad to have to wait for the MP3 release on this one. 

Let us know how it was when you get back and what the super secret bonus URL is! Angel
http://www.rifftrax.com/moth

And the emailing "surprise@rifftrax.com" will get you 5% more off of an order.

The print they had of the movie was pitiful. Probably just as well the live show won't be released. Oh...and they did the Soapy the Germ Fighter short.
Free Godzilla MP3 coupon code ZILLA there too in case anyone needs that added to their account.

Kinda sad to hear about the bad movie print, I bet we'll be able to find a better remastered one for our eventual bsg4you release Big Grin
(Aug 19, 2016, 01:33 am)Mayonnaise1 Wrote: The print they had of the movie was pitiful.  

I'm not sure what you were seeing, but in the replay tonight (8/23), the Mothra print was beautiful.  Mike even mentioned at the beginning that they had a really nice print.  This review I just read even mentions how good the print was.
(Aug 24, 2016, 00:23 am)Tinny Tim Wrote: I'm not sure what you were seeing, but in the replay tonight (8/23), the Mothra print was beautiful.  Mike even mentioned at the beginning that they had a really nice print.  This review I just read even mentions how good the print was.

When the people sitting next to me start pointing at some boomerang-shaped dirt on the film showing up on the face of the bad guy during the film I figure I'm not imagining it.

And I'm becoming less and less convinced that movie reviewers don't spend part of their time looking at their phones during the films.....

https://youtu.be/sa5GDGSTrtI
You know, Mayonnaise1, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful.
(Aug 24, 2016, 08:10 am)JeepBanshee Wrote: You know, Mayonnaise1, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful.

The version bsg4you will make up when the mp3 comes out!
(Aug 24, 2016, 04:18 am)Mayonnaise1 Wrote:
(Aug 24, 2016, 00:23 am)Tinny Tim Wrote: I'm not sure what you were seeing, but in the replay tonight (8/23), the Mothra print was beautiful.  Mike even mentioned at the beginning that they had a really nice print.  This review I just read even mentions how good the print was.

When the people sitting next to me start pointing at some boomerang-shaped dirt on the film showing up on the face of the bad guy during the film I figure I'm not imagining it.

And I'm becoming less and less convinced that movie reviewers don't spend part of their time looking at their phones during the films.....

https://youtu.be/sa5GDGSTrtI

A couple of moments of dirt on an otherwise beautiful, colorful, widescreen print of an old movie that isn't even available in HD on the consumer level does not make it "pitiful", IMO.
Found on another site, someone made a goodie Angel

Description:
For everyone in the future and that missed the original show...

On August 18, 2016, Rifftrax performed a live riff of 1961's kaiju classic, Mothra. The show was broadcast to select theaters nationwide. Rifftrax has made it clear on their Facebook page that there will be no video release of the performance.

This video was created by taking audio of the show (that was recorded with my phone hidden in a cup holder), and syncing it to the Mothra DVD. Also included are some of the pre-show slides that I was able to find online, the event trailer, a short ("Soapy the Germ Fighter"), and a brief preview of the next live show, "Carnival of Souls." Corresponding videos have been synced to the audio when possible, and when no visuals are available the event poster is shown as a stand in.

During the broadcast, the opening credits to Mothra were not shown at all. I have placed them at the end for this presentation.

The audio sounds pretty good. Everything is clear, but its a tad distorted at points. I only laugh one time, so as to not interfere with the recording, but keep in mind I am in a crowded theater. Someone near me shouts, "Don't tell me what to do!" during the Soapy short, for example. Mostly just laughs and cheering though, so nothing too distracting.

Enjoy the show!

"The guys who make movies funny, Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett, bring their comedy chops back to the big screen when they take on one of most beloved (and bizarre!) of the Japanese monster classics, 1961’s Mothra. Mothra tells the story of a group of explorers who travel to a remote island, kidnap two tiny women, thereby inciting the wrath of a giant larvae which then swims the ocean, cocoons itself in downtown Tokyo, emerges as the titular Mothra and destroys everything in its path. Yes, it's a tale as old as time, but Mothra does it best!

Just as Gamera became one of MST3K's most beloved series, Mothra promises to be an instant RiffTrax classic!"

https://mega.nz/#!F9JAlRQS!Nt9bJHphLEw3p..._SVypU72mU
(Aug 28, 2016, 12:04 pm)havaham Wrote: Found on another site, someone made a goodie Angel

Description:
For everyone in the future and that missed the original show...

On August 18, 2016, Rifftrax performed a live riff of 1961's kaiju classic, Mothra. The show was broadcast to select theaters nationwide. Rifftrax has made it clear on their Facebook page that there will be no video release of the performance.

This video was created by taking audio of the show (that was recorded with my phone hidden in a cup holder), and syncing it to the Mothra DVD. Also included are some of the pre-show slides that I was able to find online, the event trailer, a short ("Soapy the Germ Fighter"), and a brief preview of the next live show, "Carnival of Souls." Corresponding videos have been synced to the audio when possible, and when no visuals are available the event poster is shown as a stand in.

During the broadcast, the opening credits to Mothra were not shown at all. I have placed them at the end for this presentation.

The audio sounds pretty good. Everything is clear, but its a tad distorted at points. I only laugh one time, so as to not interfere with the recording, but keep in mind I am in a crowded theater. Someone near me shouts, "Don't tell me what to do!" during the Soapy short, for example. Mostly just laughs and cheering though, so nothing too distracting.

https://mega.nz/#!F9JAlRQS!Nt9bJHphLEw3p..._SVypU72mU

An excellent find! It's rare to get good cams of the Rifftrax Live events so this will make the wait for an HQ synced version much easier. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talkin' Rifftrax Robobex 3 353 6 hours ago
Last Post: DingusMcGee
  Hangin' Out with Rifftrax Robobex 2 395 Yesterday, 12:45 pm
Last Post: Torgo
  Gumby: The Glob and The Groobee (Rifftrax Shorts) Robobex 6 738 Apr 14, 2024, 03:06 am
Last Post: roffethecoolman
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 66 8,082 Apr 11, 2024, 11:49 am
Last Post: peephalk
  May live show JusSonic 3 432 Apr 10, 2024, 22:45 pm
Last Post: JetJaguar73