RiffTrax Presents: Koopa Klaus
Sean and Conor were kids in the 80s, a time when pop culture was still figuring out the whole “Super Mario” thing.

Was he a plumber who climbed ladders to fight an ape? Was he pro wrestler Captain Lou Albano? Was he Bob Hoskins going up against a spiky-haired Dennis Hopper in an industrial dystopia? And again, the plumbing, how much was that a part of his deal?

The animated Christmas adventure Koopa Klaus answers none of these questions, and raises several more. Koopa, who you may know better as Bowser, has a plan to freeze Santa’s workshop in the North Pole so he can’t deliver toys. Why would freezing the North Pole be a problem, when it’s pretty famously a cold place already? No clue. How long has Santa Claus existed in the Mushroom Kingdom, let alone the faith upon which Christmas is based? Hard to say. Does Mario use a plumber’s snake as a weapon at some point in the episode? Yes, yes he does.

Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad find themselves coincidentally in the North Pole as well, thanks to a “wrong turn” underground on the way to Hawai'iland. If you’re gonna steal, you might as well steal from Bugs Bunny! They face off against Koopa and his crew, made up entirely of bad guys from Super Mario Bros. 2, aka “Doki Doki Panic,” aka the one Mario game that had totally different monsters from all the other Mario games. Triclyde and the Flurries, this is your time to shine!

A Bah Humkoop* to all, and to all a good night. Blow the dust out of your original NES cartridge (or just download a ROM) and join Sean and Conor for the vaguely Mario, vaguely Christmasy magic of Koopa Klaus!

*Koopa actually says this in the short. A lot.

Written by Conor Lastowka and Sean Thomason

Koopa Klaus - High (TV)
Thx mate!
That was pretty good. Being a kid in the 80's I remember watching the Mario Bros Super Show with my brothers. Always enjoyed Koopa's one liners :-)

Thanks Brakiscool!!
Thanks Brak!
Link isn't working for me. Can you re-upload? Thank you!
link still works for me
looks like it was on my end. sorry about that. Thank you Brak!
Thanks Brak! Anyone have the captions?
Thanks Brakiscool.

... that made me feel old ... or ... well, my actual age, I guess.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hangin' Out with Rifftrax Robobex 4 801 Apr 19, 2024, 21:42 pm
Last Post: Robobex
  Talkin' Rifftrax Robobex 5 749 Apr 18, 2024, 19:27 pm
Last Post: Robobex
  Gumby: The Glob and The Groobee (Rifftrax Shorts) Robobex 8 1,221 Apr 17, 2024, 11:46 am
Last Post: Chad Pigeon
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 66 8,797 Apr 11, 2024, 11:49 am
Last Post: peephalk
  Has anyone ever "fixed" Rifftrax Live Time Chasers? ageekyguy 3 797 Apr 10, 2024, 11:19 am
Last Post: ageekyguy